Options

Quick Peak at a Successful Wedding

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited March 20, 2008 in Weddings
And no this wasn't MY wedding, that took place the NEXT weekend, and life is happily ever after. :D I've been busy though, which explains my lack of pics and presence here.

I shot my good friend Lydia's wedding a couple weeks back. I kinda feel like there wasn't much to it, with such a beautiful subject. The lighting in our church is TERRIBLE, but I had Prez's flash while he was down south, so I did okay, and corrected most of what I messed up afterwards. :D I wound up pretty happy with the results! Here's a sample:

Father of the Bride
lyd034.jpg

Some of the Ceremony
lyd077.jpg

lyd085.jpg

lyd086.jpg

The kid tightened the knots. :rofl
lyd094.jpg

lyd096.jpg

For once I actually managed to CATCH the kiss. :D
lyd100.jpg

A couple of the bride and groom afterwards. :D
lyd129.jpg

lyd130.jpg

lyd134.jpg

Hope somebody enjoys this! Feel free to offer advice or whatever you like. :thumb
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I think you did a nice job, they look like a young couple. I was an old hag when I got married rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    This bride is really cute!! I love number 4, i think some of the shots can use just a bit of contrast, but otherwise, good job! You did well on exposure with all that white stuff. thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    yay for a blue wedding! clap.gif

nice series! I always get so nervous when I'm shooting for a friend!
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Options
    CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Great shots, but I agree with Shepsmom in that they feel a little cool. Need a tad bit of warmth with some contrast and a little color temp adjustment. Good job otherwise.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Great shots, but I agree with Shepsmom in that they feel a little cool. Need a tad bit of warmth with some contrast and a little color temp adjustment. Good job otherwise.

I agree...
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Nice job exposing! I agree with what's been said that some contrast and warmth will liven these shots up. Congrats on your own wedding, too! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Sorry I've been out for a while, I don't have constant internet these days. Thanks for the comments all! And yeah, I did notice that a lot of these shots kinda lack contrast, but I noticed it after I finished my editing. :cry I might have to go back through and give them all a bit of a touch-up. eek7.gif It'll be worth iy though, I think.

Thanks again! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Nice job.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    lasulaxlasulax Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Flash shadows
    i liked the idea you had with some of your shots, however might i give you some advice for your next wedding? I dont know what kind of flash you are using but if you were to add a difuser you would really improve your shots by getting rid of (for the most part) those shadows created by the flash. In some of them they were very obvious and that is all i could look at in the image. Very distracting and unsightly(no offense meant). I say this not as a criticism of your fine work, but as a tip for improvement next time. Its a very easy way to improve the number of great shots you get. Hope this helps.

for the first one i think i might have cropped a bit closer and got rid of as much of that empty space as possible in the top left corner, which would also put the bride out of the smack-dab-center of the frame, which would help the composition of the shot significantly.

Hope these help you next time!
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    lasulax wrote:
    i liked the idea you had with some of your shots, however might i give you some advice for your next wedding? I dont know what kind of flash you are using but if you were to add a difuser you would really improve your shots by getting rid of (for the most part) those shadows created by the flash. In some of them they were very obvious and that is all i could look at in the image. Very distracting and unsightly(no offense meant). I say this not as a criticism of your fine work, but as a tip for improvement next time. Its a very easy way to improve the number of great shots you get. Hope this helps.

No offense taken, actually this was my first time ever using a flash, aside from the built in one. I messed with the diffuser a little, but I got a lot of underexposed shots. It took a lot of photoshop to save most of my pre-wedding posed shots, some of which I used the diffuser on. I'll have to spend more time with it to get it figured out, for sure. thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com