Options

Other printer suggestion

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited March 18, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Ok, I still do not like printing full sized photos on an inkjet and selling them due to fading/longevity/etc. What I am looking for is a lower power printer that I can use to print Contact sheets throughout the day of the riders so that they can see the pictures taken and how many were taken before buying a CD of their images.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Ok, I still do not like printing full sized photos on an inkjet and selling them due to fading/longevity/etc. What I am looking for is a lower power printer that I can use to print Contact sheets throughout the day of the riders so that they can see the pictures taken and how many were taken before buying a CD of their images.

I would say an Epson R200. Cheap, great image quality. But kinda slow. I would imagine you'd want a letter-sized printer that was reasonably fast? How much does quality play into it?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    Being able to print an image on track is lightly important. I know I will be doing many more contact sheets off of it then prints though.

Nice CD printing feature on it though.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    Who makes "printable" CD's though? I would need spindles of them, not 10 packs
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Who makes "printable" CD's though? I would need spindles of them, not 10 packs

Lots of places, here is one and they sell this brand which is supposed to be one of the best available.