President Clinton speaks in Indiana

ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited March 22, 2008 in Street and Documentary
Former President Bill Clinton spoke in Indiana today, promoting his wife. I took photos :D

267557614_fh2mj-L.jpg

267557780_3DoKR-L.jpg

267558040_xpngC-L.jpg

267557910_u4g7z-L.jpg

267558088_p3jMK-L.jpg

267558221_pgLPK-L.jpg
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    What a neat opportunity! I absolutely love that second shot. Wonderful perspective and DOF--I love how you can make out the woman peeking over at you in the background. It draws me in and keeps me there for a while. Nicely done. thumb.gif
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    What a neat opportunity! I absolutely love that second shot. Wonderful perspective and DOF--I love how you can make out the woman peeking over at you in the background. It draws me in and keeps me there for a while. Nicely done. thumb.gif
    Thank you. That's my favorite too.
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    It reminds me of a quotation I read at some point, which I will have to paraphrase now, something like:
    Photography is all about what is in focus and what is out of focus.

On the third shot, I like how the main figure has no head, but Bill's head floats on the book -- you have a bit of a sense of humour, I see...

In your last shot, I want to crop off most of the people on the far left because they don't seem to add anything, imo. Maybe even as tight as the left side of the man with the black and gray logo jacket. To my eye, that places a little more focus on the lady in red turning towards you and the sign.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
    edited March 19, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    It reminds me of a quotation I read at some point, which I will have to paraphrase now, something like:
    Photography is all about what is in focus and what is out of focus.

On the third shot, I like how the main figure has no head, but Bill's head floats on the book -- you have a bit of a sense of humour, I see...

In your last shot, I want to crop off most of the people on the far left because they don't seem to add anything, imo. Maybe even as tight as the left side of the man with the black and gray logo jacket. To my eye, that places a little more focus on the lady in red turning towards you and the sign.
    I agree with the last one. But I'm starting to get particular about my crops, cause they get really pixelated if you do too much. SO I sometimes just don't.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    I am curious as to the expressions in the Secret Service guys eyes as they look not at Clinton, but at the crowd.

My eyes are more drawn to them, than to Bill himself.

Great shots, its about more than just the main person, but about the event as well.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
    edited March 19, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    I am curious as to the expressions in the Secret Service guys eyes as they look not at Clinton, but at the crowd.

My eyes are more drawn to them, than to Bill himself.

Great shots, its about more than just the main person, but about the event as well.

Z
    That's why I love photojournalism :D
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    That last one made me laugh out loud. :D
    edited March 20, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    That last one made me laugh out loud. :D
    Hey, I'm an objective journalist. I have to document every aspect of the event :D
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited March 22, 2008
    What a great series of shots, even if I do say so as your father.

These are cool shots that tell a great story, not only of the President, but of the folks and kids in the crowd as well. Very well done.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited March 22, 2008
    even if I do say so as a father of the shooter.
    You mean I have more than one?

What can I say, I learn from he best