Options

Marquee Tool in CS3

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 22, 2008 in Finishing School
Can anyone please tell me how I can find the different ratios in Marquee Tool CS3 I want a fixed ratio of 3:2 to preserve the picture ration normally. If you know what I mean?
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Can anyone please tell me how I can find the different ratios in Marquee Tool CS3 I want a fixed ratio of 3:2 to preserve the picture ration normally. If you know what I mean?
    Regards
    Bob

With the marquee tool selected, go to the toolbar and pick Fixed Ratio for the Style. Then, set a width and height in the ratio you want. The absolute width and height numbers don't matter, just their ratio. You can pick 3 and 2.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    I use CS3 but am in no way any kind of expert. I don't think there are actually presets for the rectangular marquee tool. You just go over to the style drop-down menu and click on "fixed ratio", then fill in the ratio you want. I think you have to do it each time you use the tool. Seems like you should be able to define a preset.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    I use CS3 but am in no way any kind of expert. I don't think there are actually presets for the rectangular marquee tool. You just go over to the style drop-down menu and click on "fixed ratio", then fill in the ratio you want. I think you have to do it each time you use the tool. Seems like you should be able to define a preset.

My CS3 didn't come with any presets for the marquee tool, but you can create your own in a few seconds. I entered, fixed ratio, 3 and 2 for width and height, clicked on the down arrow by the marquee symbol, clicked on the create new preset icon, gave it a name and now I have a preset for the 3:2 ratio.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Thanks! Duh . . . I knew there had to be a way to create presets! Nine times out of ten, whenever I think CS3 has a limitation that is glaringly stoopid, I find out it's just my own ignorance.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.