Strolling Around Town

RedMonkeyRedMonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 22, 2008 in Journeys
First post hope you guys like my "journey" and photos.

I take a class at school called photo digital, we had a project that was assaigned to us to go out and take pictures, no point and shoot images but good quality images that take your time and concentration to make it look great. There where different categories to complete, portraits, people, action, landscapes, set up objects, and a few others. I took an entire day and a half devoted to this, I went around town and just looked around for some cool shots I could use. Here are some of my favorite and best ones I think, Ill tell where it is and what it is on all of them.

Downtown Annapolis down a back road they had 2 anchors that i thought looked cool.
anchor.jpg

I was driving along the road and saw a house with this arch way type thing with a cross I liked how it looks cathedral like.
arch_way.jpg

Down by the annapolis naval acadamy theres a giant satalite, it was a closeup of the barb wire around it.
barb_wire.jpg

I liked the look of the sign in the nice sunny day upstream outside my house, the stream leads downtown annapolis.
boat_sign.jpg

I went on base at the naval acadamy and there was this building with a very interesting designed door, very large door aswell.
door_way.jpg

Outside my house down on a hill by water this was one of my first pictures i took before my "journey" I like the way my dog looks.
furby_trees.jpg

Driving down by the midshipmen store out of corner of my eye I saw a nice looking mustang, whiped my car around and got on the ground and took what I think is one of my better shots. Love the angle.
Mustang2.jpg

I was in some residential area down by the Acadamys boats on other side of bridge, and there was a check point and saw these two propellers I thought the chrome looks cool.
propeller.jpg

Just walked down to water where some reeds where and some low water, I personaly think this is a great angle and good color.
Reflection.jpg

Same area as above but I got the water and docks I desided it was to boring with just the water and docks so I threw a stick in the water and took the picture.
ripple.jpg

Heres that satalite I was talking about earlier. This is down by the gun ships downtown.
satalite2.jpg

Some sea grass and reeds down by water near my house, I really like this one alot.
sea_grass.jpg

On the Acadamy yard again there was a gap with a railing I saw and was wondering what was down there, turns out steam vents, very interesting image.
steam.jpg

Over by the World War II memorial right off the bridge there was a break down lane I went in and got out of car and found this very big swamp.
swamp2.jpg

Also on the yard over by the space building there is this really old wood bridge I thought looked interesting, would be cool if i could get a lower angle of this one.
wood_bridge.jpg

Comments

• TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Nice shots, Red Monkey. Welcome to the forum!
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Nice work
    I enjoyed them all - well done
  • RedMonkeyRedMonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2008
    Thanks both of you. I have more I amy post later on. But glad you liked them, and the forum looks great, and ill have a fun time here.