Options

A bride to be...

ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited March 22, 2008 in Weddings
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been on, but I thought I'd share this beautiful bride. As always, c/c welcome.
Thanks Guys!

1)IMG_0383bw.jpg?imgmax=512
2)IMG_0385%20bw.jpg?imgmax=512
3)IMG_0361.jpg?imgmax=512
4)IMG_0329.JPG?imgmax=512
5)IMG_0341.jpg?imgmax=512
6)IMG_0229.jpg?imgmax=512
Shannon :D
Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
www.heatonphotography.net
http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
www.myspace.com/heatonphotography

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    let me get this straight... she went and posed in all those places before the wedding? How did you get her to do that!? I have done them after the wedding plenty of times, but before.... that is pretty daring! (for both of you!)

Great shots, by the way. I love the first one and #5.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    let me get this straight... she went and posed in all those places before the wedding? How did you get her to do that!? I have done them after the wedding plenty of times, but before.... that is pretty daring! (for both of you!)

Great shots, by the way. I love the first one and #5.
    I have to second the questions and the comment (great photos). All the brides I've worked with have always been so concerned about getting the gown the least bit dusty/dirty/damaged. So, spill the beans, how'd you get this to happen?
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2008
    How did I get her to do it? Haha Well, first of all, I offer a package that includes a seperate bridal session. I let her know that she will get more portraits, and we could control the timing (sunset, etc.) without being in such a rush. She liked the idea of being able to portray some bridals on the display table at the reception as well. Also, I gave her the name and number of a great cleaner who could have the dress done in a day if we needed to. She was excited to have it all done before hand, her wedding is April 5th, so now we have pleanty of time to concentrate on the wedding, and she has her pictures in hand :D

Thanks for yhe great comments guys!

~Shannonmwink.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    How did I get her to do it? Haha Well, first of all, I offer a package that includes a seperate bridal session. I let her know that she will get more portraits, and we could control the timing (sunset, etc.) without being in such a rush. She liked the idea of being able to portray some bridals on the display table at the reception as well. Also, I gave her the name and number of a great cleaner who could have the dress done in a day if we needed to. She was excited to have it all done before hand, her wedding is April 5th, so now we have pleanty of time to concentrate on the wedding, and she has her pictures in hand :D

Thanks for yhe great comments guys!

~Shannonmwink.gif
    There's a couple of great ideas here. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Great photographs. I especially like those on the footbridge.

I have done this once. I purchased a drop cloth, and brought along help to carry the skirts to where we would spread the drop cloth out. Once the skirts were arranged we folded the d-cloth under so it was a no show. Worked for me.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2008
    Hey Jeff,
    Long time no see! Thanks for the comment :D . I also bring a dropcloth (actually a bedsheet I bought for $5). I normally use it just in case there's any bird-poop on the bench or something. Talk to you soon.
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Great photographs. I especially like those on the footbridge.

I have done this once. I purchased a drop cloth, and brought along help to carry the skirts to where we would spread the drop cloth out. Once the skirts were arranged we folded the d-cloth under so it was a no show. Worked for me.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Nice creative shots.
    I would like to see more detail in the sky and more fill light on the subject.
    I think my favorite is the first one. I really like the way the dress and veil lay out in the photo.
    Nice work, I am sure she loved the shots!
  • Options
    slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Great shots
    I like #1,5 and 6. Numbers one and five for the mood and I think six is a beautiful shot. Great job!

Sheila