Options

1958 Rambler Ambassador Custom: Seen Better Days

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited March 23, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm visiting my parents up in Vermont, and today we went to a place where they make and process maple syrup. Very cool! On the way, we found this car, which I just ID'ed as a 1958 Rambler Ambassador Custom.

Very cool car back in the day, as seen by the first photo of one that I found.

Wish I could have seen it as it looked back in '58! Really pretty turquoise color!

An original '58 Ambassador
800px-1958_Ambassador_4-d_hardtop_front.jpg

269057923_zZgtv-L.jpg
269058598_bkepY-L.jpg
269059188_deUNe-L.jpg
269060160_55yyo-L.jpg
269061022_Vb3sb-L.jpg
269061792_3mmEe-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Nice shots.

What a shame to see her rotting like that. I had 2 old mainline pick-ups (one '52 over head valve & one '48 side valve) when i was a young bloke. Bought them for $20 each.

I still remember that rumbling V8 & the sheer room inside.

That 50's era had the real cars.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    p27rpy wrote:
    I'm visiting my parents up in Vermont, and today we went to a place where they make and process maple syrup. Very cool! On the way, we found this car, which I just ID'ed as a 1958 Rambler Ambassador Custom.

Very cool car back in the day, as seen by the first photo of one that I found.

Wish I could have seen it as it looked back in '58! Really pretty turquoise color!

An original '58 Ambassador

It is such a shame to see them just go to ruin out in the open like that.
    Would have been a petrol guzzler in it's day, but big and roomy, and would probably come off better in an accident than a lot of the cars produced these days, heck you only gotta press your fingers on the hoods of some of these new cars to see how thin the metal is.

My Dad used to have an old Vanguard, and my younger brother was so ashamed of it, he wouldn't let Dad drive him to school in it rolleyes1.gif

Rust sure does photograph well p27rpy, great shots thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    It is such a shame to see them just go to ruin out in the open like that.
    Would have been a petrol guzzler in it's day, but big and roomy, and would probably come off better in an accident than a lot of the cars produced these days, heck you only gotta press your fingers on the hoods of some of these new cars to see how thin the metal is.

My Dad used to have an old Vanguard, and my younger brother was so ashamed of it, he wouldn't let Dad drive him to school in it rolleyes1.gif

Rust sure does photograph well p27rpy, great shots thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

very true! i was excited with how well the rust came out in the photos. very rich... i agree with you, they dont make em like they used to. such a beautiful car...