Options

Wedj

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited March 24, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
If you google wedding photographer for my home town, you get a link to www.wedj.com Photographers can put listings there for free, or, for $20 a month, a better listing.

What kind of results might I expect from such services. There seem to be several out there.

Josh

Comments

• Options
    JDubJDub Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I have had no real luck with any of those. They all want you to pay for referrals, even if you sign up for the free account. Just my two cents.
    Josh Westbrook
    ---
    Atlanta, GA
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Agreed. I've been signed up for a few of these for a while now and I've never had anything come of it. I have heard of people getting luck with the paid versions, but nothing with the free ones.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I guess then that I am the exception. About 6 months ago, I went on a binge and listed myself with all the free ad sites I could find. Some of them have proven to be a waste of time (I think WeDJ is one of those, but not sure). There are others that have directed a number of brides to my site. I would recommend, based on my experiences, that they are not all a waste of time and that it would be well worth your effort to do the same. One contract from a free listing makes it all worth while - no?

I have actually questioned my brides, once I get a chance to meet with them, about how they found me. All have said they googled for photogs (in one form or another) and included a geographical reference. They get a list of pages. They hit one of those and found me. Of course, none of them can say which site it was on that they found my listing. Oh well....
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I had the free listing for a w months with no results. To look at the wedj page, I was burried pretty deep. A Gold paid ad is a little past $20 a month. We will see how that does. You can't do google ads for that. (Or, can't do much for that.)
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I would be wary of any place that charges. However, listing w/ free places surely can't hurt. I've had a few visitors from my site come from www.photolinks.com.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I have 2 businesses listed with wedj and can't attribute any direct business from the site. One is paid, one is free. I get an email from them every time someone clicks thru to listing with the IP address.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    JDubJDub Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Just so you can see, here is a cut and paste of a "referral" from wedj.

Westbrook Photography
    A prospect just viewed your listing information on WeDJ.com!

Your standard, free listing provides a photo, company description, and a phone number.
    However, it does not include a link to your website.

To avoid this issue in the future, you can do one of the following:
    You may also login to your account manager at accounts.wedj.com for further details.

Search Result Demographics
    Prospect was from IP Address: 72.29.233.18*
    WeDJ.com Search Location: Winder, GA - PHOTO
    Time of Day: 3/23/08 10:13:31 PM Central Time

Sail with us to the Carribbean -- NO MONEY DOWN!!

Join us on our sixth member cruise -- have fun while learning new concepts for your business.

GET MORE LEADS WITH OUR GIGBUILDER SYSTEM!!
    RUN YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE AND PUT COOL TOOLS ON YOUR WEBSITE!

It's the most powerful and reliable internet-based system to run your business online!!

Paid listings are inexpensive, and proven to provide MANY more hits to your site -- PLUS
    • List your business in more than just your county!
    • Monthly search engine submissions to all major search engines
    • GIGBUILDER - Your own availability & event management system
    • Many tools for your website such as your very own date availability checker
    • Daily rotation puts you on top of our listings
    • Complimentary listing on CheckMyWeddingDate.com and more
    • DJs put your own searchable music library online - we provide everything you need!
    *** and many more features that will significantly help increase your bookings ***

Just ONE annual booking pays more than FIVE times the cost -- most companies book events weekly!!

Simply login to our site and compare today!

Regards,

WeDJ.com Support Team
    Josh Westbrook
    ---
    Atlanta, GA
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    JDub wrote:
    Just so you can see, here is a cut and paste of a "referral" from wedj.

Westbrook Photography
    A prospect just viewed your listing information on WeDJ.com!

Your standard, free listing provides a photo, company description, and a phone number.
    However, it does not include a link to your website.

To avoid this issue in the future, you can do one of the following: You may also login to your account manager at accounts.wedj.com for further details.

Search Result Demographics
    Prospect was from IP Address: 72.29.233.18*
    WeDJ.com Search Location: Winder, GA - PHOTO
    Time of Day: 3/23/08 10:13:31 PM Central Time

Sail with us to the Carribbean -- NO MONEY DOWN!!

Join us on our sixth member cruise -- have fun while learning new concepts for your business.

GET MORE LEADS WITH OUR GIGBUILDER SYSTEM!!
    RUN YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE AND PUT COOL TOOLS ON YOUR WEBSITE!
    It's the most powerful and reliable internet-based system to run your business online!!

Paid listings are inexpensive, and proven to provide MANY more hits to your site -- PLUS
    • List your business in more than just your county!
    • Monthly search engine submissions to all major search engines
    • GIGBUILDER - Your own availability & event management system
    • Many tools for your website such as your very own date availability checker
    • Daily rotation puts you on top of our listings
    • Complimentary listing on CheckMyWeddingDate.com and more
    • DJs put your own searchable music library online - we provide everything you need!
    *** and many more features that will significantly help increase your bookings ***

Just ONE annual booking pays more than FIVE times the cost -- most companies book events weekly!!

Simply login to our site and compare today!

Regards,

WeDJ.com Support Team

Yep that is it. Got about 1,000 of them.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me