Options

CS3 Lab Color and jpegs

peter murraypeter murray Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 23, 2008 in Finishing School
Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a RAW image in CS3, apply Lab Color and resize it to a jpeg 10 at 2000x 1300? I seem to be able to get to the SAVE AS step and then JPEG is not an option. Can one work around that process? Thanks for your interest.
peter murray

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited March 23, 2008
    Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a RAW image in CS3, apply Lab Color and resize it to a jpeg 10 at 2000x 1300? I seem to be able to get to the SAVE AS step and then JPEG is not an option. Can one work around that process? Thanks for your interest.
    peter murray

Hi Peter and welcome to Dgrin. Your image is probably in LAB 16 bit mode when you try to save it, in which case PS does not show JPG as an option. Just before you save, go to Image->Mode and convert it to 8 bits and RGB. Then JPG will be available.

Regards,
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Hi Peter and welcome to Dgrin. Your image is probably in LAB 16 bit mode when you try to save it, in which case PS does not show JPG as an option. Just before you save, go to Image->Mode and convert it to 8 bits and RGB. Then JPG will be available.

Regards,

Yes you are perfectly right Richard you did it for me.
    Regards
    Bob