Options

Canon Digital Photo Professional - Tool Palette - HELP!

Andrea H.Andrea H. Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited March 26, 2008 in Finishing School
I don't know what happened, but I cannot get my tool palette back in my Digital Photo Professional editing screen. I have done everything I can think of to try and restore it (updating the software, restarting, etc) and I can't get it to come back up. I don't know if it's way minimized somewhere or what. Does anyone know the keystrokes to reset it? I would really appreciate it, as I cannot edit anything out of my camera without it!

Thanks in advance.
Andrea
Canon 40D & Canon Rebel XT
[canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5] [canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6]
[canon 35L] [canon 50 f/1.8]
[canon 75-300 f/4-5.6] [canon 430ex]
[various - hoods, CFcards, diffuser]

Comments

• Options
    KiwiangelKiwiangel Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2008
    Andrea H. wrote:
    I don't know what happened, but I cannot get my tool palette back in my Digital Photo Professional editing screen. I have done everything I can think of to try and restore it (updating the software, restarting, etc) and I can't get it to come back up. I don't know if it's way minimized somewhere or what. Does anyone know the keystrokes to reset it? I would really appreciate it, as I cannot edit anything out of my camera without it!

Thanks in advance.
    Andrea

Hi, Andrea.

I experienced the same problem, and boy did it drive me crazy. My stress levels went up several notches. A friend helped me to sort the issue. So here is the answer to getting it back for you and everyone who will ever encounter this frustration. This is for Windows.

Go to the task bar and right click. Choose Properties.

Make sure 'Lock the Taskbar' is unchecked.
    Make sure 'Auto hide the Taskbar' is checked
    Now the very top of the hidden tool palette should be visible under where the taskbar normally sits. Click on it and drag it up into the middle of your screen.
    Restore settings back to how they were before you started.

Happy editing! clap.gif
  • Options
    Andrea H.Andrea H. Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    if you were here in my house, I'd kiss you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now I don't have to edit in Bridge (which I hate, now that I've used DPP for so long! )

Thank you a million times over!
    Canon 40D & Canon Rebel XT
    [canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5] [canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6]
    [canon 35L] [canon 50 f/1.8]
    [canon 75-300 f/4-5.6] [canon 430ex]
    [various - hoods, CFcards, diffuser]