minute, could you have a look at this link and try the test and let us know
the result.
http://www.broadhurst-family.co.uk/lefteye/MainPages/colourclock.htm
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Ok I finally worked out the clock mechanism. that's neat. On the check test, I found my eyes lost focus and so I missed the colour changes. I will try it again tonight and see if there is an improvement in the dark :D

Cheers
    Stan
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    I can see changes in the reds but not the green, but if I'm not mistaken, green and yellow are the hardest to see changes in on a color wheel.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    variations are easy for me to see
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    On this (uncalibrated CRT) monitor, I can see the red differences, but not the greens. I'll look later on my (calibrated) flat panel.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Nope. My eyes aren't any better on this monitor than the other one.:cry
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    TheMightyZogTheMightyZog Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    This subject appears to be of limited interest to people.

I've posted it to 3 forums and so far (24 hours later) 196 people have looked and 10 have downloaded the test.

I have had 2 replies saying they can see all hues and 4 that had trouble with the greens and sometimes the reds.

I guess that if people could see the hue difference on the posted image, they would have said so - if that is correct, then the majority of people have difficulting in these hues on THEIR screens (have no idea how many are calibrated).

I think I'll do a little more research and perhaps try a stationary test, with bands (of different thickness) changing hues over a limited range. Maybe that will make a difference from a moving test - I'll have to let my little grey cells do a little more work.
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I will note that I didn't have any trouble until the 60 test, where I missed some green and red. I will note that initially, I tried the 30 test at the small size before I realized how to make it bigger, and that time missed some, I don't remember which ones.

Also I noticed the color changes felt rather predictable, so you knew when to expect them, I might change the delay so it is randomly 1-3 seconds, or maybe .5-3 seconds, it might make it feel a little bit more random and a little bit less predictable.

I will say, I think that the concept is pretty cool.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    I have no problems with the reds. On the other hand the same greens and the darkest 3-4 blues give me fits on both my cal'd and uncal'd monitors.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."