Options

My favorite pic (of mine) to date

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I was playing with my point and shoot (don't have my SLR yet) and my girlfriend's dog Sadie, last week. Well, I got in maybe 5 good pics out of 100 and this is my favorite right now. What do you think?

2353880424_0342662db6_b.jpg
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Bravo! Captured a moment....excellent POV...comp's good too...and exposure is perfect. Print and frame this one.
  • Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Brilliant !! :D
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    Thank you much. I think I will print and frame, it'll make a nice gift for the GF (and maybe get me some home cooked meals).
    - Joe
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    awwwww..iloveyou.gif ..well done
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited March 25, 2008
    Excellent. clap.gif
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    EvE @ NCSU? I used to be an AE there. We should go shoot sometime (I'm down in Fayettenam now...)

Either way, that's dang good for a point&shoot. Was that the sony you were using? :D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    EvE @ NCSU? I used to be an AE there. We should go shoot sometime (I'm down in Fayettenam now...)

Nah, I graduated in 2004 with my BS in Mech E from the U of Akron in Ohio. I then spent a few years at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM as a Lieutenant in the Air Force as well as a Developmental Engineer in the AF Research Labs. In Sept '07 I took a job with the State of NC, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Public Water Supply. I'm still a Mech E at heart. The cool thing about my job is that I'll get to travel around NC as much as I want so my motorcycle will get plenty of miles and my camera plenty of shots.

I'll take you up on shooting though. I'll be taking a trip to the Fayetteville Regional Office soon because some water systems have some interesting treatment in place.
    Either way, that's dang good for a point&shoot. Was that the sony you were using? :D

Yup, that was the Sony (DSC-W50). I think I had it set to -1EV, ISO 100 and Macro. The thing picks the f-stop for me (as in, won't let me touch it) as well as a few other things. I'd like to have more control, hence the reason for buying a dSLR but all in all, the Sony takes some good shots. Here are a few more examples:

The same dog:

2361359418_c62dd0139a.jpg

From HI:

2361359530_03be612848.jpg

My motorcycle:

2360526213_29097d733a.jpg
    - Joe
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    When you come down this way shoot me a PM. I usually check this once a day or so, and I'll shoot about anything - moving or not.
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    silversx80 wrote:
    I was playing with my point and shoot (don't have my SLR yet) and my girlfriend's dog Sadie, last week. Well, I got in maybe 5 good pics out of 100 and this is my favorite right now. What do you think?

Awwwwwww my little Kitty was just doing the exact same thing iloveyou.gif
    How cute are they when they are asleep.

That's a gorgeous shot of Sadie, I love it when they start dreaming too.

Little blown out in the highlights,
    but other than that is a Beautiful shot Silversx80 clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I understand why the shot is your favorite! Fun to view! thumb.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen