Options

Muddy quad ride!

ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took my camera with me on one of our quad rides...I wanted to try and get some pictures playing in the mud. I think some of them came out ok...please let me know what you think. I shot all on burst mode with my Sony DSC-V3...I was a little nervous bringing my SLR on the trails in my pack.

270084386_t7XbU-L.jpg

270081955_V7CDy-L.jpg

270084893_Gamd3-L.jpg

270090156_LtVbE-L.jpg

270089870_PZo5T-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    You have some very nice action shots . My first reaction was to wonder why anybody would want to play in that environment.....then I remembered back 40 years when I was doing the same thing, only on a motorcycle.

Thanks for sharing.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Takes me back to a few years ago when I had my Yahama Raptor 660R. Fun toy. Nice shots.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    JonMikalJonMikal Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    great action shots. you chose the perfect exposure combination for these.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Scraff wrote:
    I took my camera with me on one of our quad rides...I wanted to try and get some pictures playing in the mud. I think some of them came out ok...please let me know what you think. I shot all on burst mode with my Sony DSC-V3...I was a little nervous bringing my SLR on the trails in my pack.

No one came home clean right? rolleyes1.gif

I think I'd be nervous too looking at not only the mud, but the water too.
    The shots came out really good, I love the airborne shot clap.gif

Thanks for sharing Scraff thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    No one came home clean right? rolleyes1.gif

I think I'd be nervous too looking at not only the mud, but the water too.
    The shots came out really good, I love the airborne shot clap.gif

Thanks for sharing Scraff thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D

No one ever comes home clean when we ride. I am going to take the camera again on the next ride (have it wrapped in a baggie pretty tight)...there are a few more places I think would make for some good shots.