Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    maybe this belongs in digital darkroom!
    Ooooops, maybe it should get moved?

ann
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    It's good! I've only used it for one batch of images so far. But it's very usable. I didn't need photoshop for saturation, local contrast and sharpening. The only thing I'm really missing is cropping.
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    Yes...
    ...and it works just fine on my WIN XP system.

I hope Corel will release a plugin version for PhotoPaint. Certainly would make editing less tedious.
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    I've used it and like it, especially the speed. The only problem I have is that the quality of the converted files is not yet as good as Nikon Capture. I would settle for less speed if I could get improved quality.

Nikon Capture, is still my usual RAW software. I also use ACR from time to time and have beta tested RawMagick. RM is best for quality, but it has reached the point where a Crey Supercomputer is needed to run it.

The Corel software (which is actually RawShooter Essentials from Pixmantic) shows lots of promise however, and I'm looking forward to the next version.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Hey, thanks guys. I'm going to give it a try. Also saw some positive stuff about it over at stf!

ann
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hey, thanks guys. I'm going to give it a try. Also saw some positive stuff about it over at stf!

ann
    Petteri Sulonen did a very nice review of it on the Canon D30/D60/10D/20D forum of dpreview!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited March 19, 2005
    They keep updating it every week, it seems
    Petteri Sulonen did a very nice review of it on the Canon D30/D60/10D/20D forum of dpreview!
    Another recent review and ongoing diary of RawShooter here.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky