Options

HDR's for a client. Stunning?

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited March 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So I went back to the scene of the crime for a client to shoot the location with some sunlight. I wanted to do some very original things so I went and did a set of HDR's instead of just regular pics. The results are quite mind-blowing IMHO. Please enjoy any C + C regarding HDR processing would be more than welcome. I'm pretty new at this. Thank you for looking!

271636032_mRWxf-L-1.jpg

271636237_Qu5ws-L-1.jpg

271636428_Gw8pp-L-1.jpg

271635832_ku8s6-L-1.jpg

271635604_s84ff-L-1.jpg

271634894_ASFBS-L-1.jpg

271635172_yAF7S-L-1.jpg

271635421_ELWBf-L-1.jpg

271634696_gyBZK-L-1.jpg
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Stunning. My fave is the last one. Disturbed by the tilt, especially of the third one. But all too many of them have un-level horizons, that for me, negates much of the initial impact of the HDR work.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Nice shots. What did you use to process the HDR, Photoshop or Photomatix, or something else?
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Nifty!!

#7 though, I am not sure about the inclusion of the fence post on the way left hand side.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    The compositions lacks alot imo..Cut off corners etc. But the HDR is amazing!

if you just put some more time to get the composition right this is some killer pictures! clap.gifclap
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    I'd crop out that fence post, too.

At first I was thinking that they were over-processed, even for HDR. But then I started looking at them as somewhat surreal and decided that I like them . . . tilted horizons and all.

The last one looks most like traditional HDR. Those clouds must have been zooming by! :D

All in all, I like them.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Thank you all!

Yeah, I will go back and straighten and crop. I'm just trying my hand at HDR. I like it. I'm using photomatix and it's a bit harder than I thought to achieve "stunning" and not, "WTF did you just do to a perfectly good picture". The clouds were hauling by and it was difficult to clean that up.

Thank you all for your kind and informative words. I'll go back and reprocess most of these.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    MartynMartyn Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    I love the first one.

It was a really nice surprise to see the image appear after I clicked the thread link.