Options

Problems uploading into Dgrin

GlammGlamm Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited March 29, 2008 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have been trying to load an image into a forum. I know you have to have the img before and after. I can't get it to work properly. On the tool bar above my message box, I don't seem to have all the icons. I don't have the one that looks like a postcard. I only have email.gif
insertimage.gif
quote.gif
unlink.gif
these ones. Can someone tell me what is wrong. I have read the tute several times and tried what they said, but it still doesn't work.
Any help is appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Glamm wrote:
    I have been trying to load an image into a forum. I know you have to have the img before and after. I can't get it to work properly. On the tool bar above my message box, I don't seem to have all the icons. I don't have the one that looks like a postcard. I only have email.gif
    insertimage.gif
    quote.gif
    unlink.gif
    these ones. Can someone tell me what is wrong. I have read the tute several times and tried what they said, but it still doesn't work.
    Any help is appreciated. thanks
    Well, you actually got it to work! You added 4 images :D Granted they are small images and not photos, but still. The photos work exactly the same!

Start with and end with and put the link to your photo in between thumb.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Well, you actually got it to work! You added 4 images :D Granted they are small images and not photos, but still. The photos work exactly the same!

Start with and end with and put the link to your photo in between thumb.gif

By the way, you can also use the second image/button that you posted thumb.gif
  • Options
    GlammGlamm Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    By the way, you can also use the second image/button that you posted thumb.gif

Thanks Ivar....rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Hi Glamm,

You did get it to work! thumb.gif

Is the wording confusing in the tute? How did you get these icon images into your post here if you didn't use the postcard/picture icon? ear.gif

I'll change the tute if it will help people understand it better. Looking for live feedback here!
  • Options
    HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Paste an image
    Morning,

Good info above but I am still a bit confused. The IMG seems to add a link to a photo. But if I just want to add a small bitmap using a simple COPY+PASTE ... is this possible?

Regards, HaraldE
    ==================
    My focus is on digitizing memories
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    HaraldE wrote:
    Morning,

Good info above but I am still a bit confused. The IMG seems to add a link to a photo. But if I just want to add a small bitmap using a simple COPY+PASTE ... is this possible?

Regards, HaraldE
    You can upload a small attachment to your reply, scroll down and see "Manage Attachments".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Copy + Paste
    Allen wrote:
    You can upload a small attachment to your reply, scroll down and see "Manage Attachments".
    Thanks Allen,

Good info ... but why do I need to attach a file at all. Is this a limitation of DGRIN maybe?

If I use a utility and grab a small piece of a window so it is stored on my Windows Clipboard. The natural thing for me would be to do a normal PASTE and get it into a post.

Below is an example of such a small area ... just picked it from your earlier post. Why can I not do a normal COPY + PASTE?
    test.jpg

Regards, HaraldE
    ==================
    My focus is on digitizing memories