Options

Well-worn Tracks

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited March 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I decided to turn this into a series.

The company sent me to Blythe, CA today - a dubious honor - a long, relaxing 420 mile round trip. On my way back to Azusa, I stopped at the General George S. Patton Museum at Chiriaco Summit. Located mostly outdoors, Chiriaco Summit is where General Patton had his Desert Training Camps. Except for the last image, Six-by, I was shooting for patterns and textures. Unfortunately, I only had my P&S. But, I had fun anyway. :D

C&C welcome.

Rust Belt
Old-Tank-Track.jpg

Exhaust Vent
Vent.jpg

Ground Turret
Turret.jpg

Grenade Charger
Tank-Grenade-Charger.jpg

Six-by
Six-by.jpg

Buckboard
Buckboard.jpg

Big Pink Gun
The-Big-Pink-Gun.jpg

Tank Hitch
Hitch.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Enjoyed your photos :D

Pink paint headscratch.gif
  • Options
    JonMikalJonMikal Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    excellent series. i especially like your perspective in the turret and pink gun.
    the hitch shot brought a grin - looks like it's smiling. :)
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Dogdots, if "Operation Petticoat" (Movie: 1959 - Cary Grant. TV Series: 1977 - John Astin.) has any historical significance, the pink paint was actually primer.

The turret quickly became my favorite. And you're right, Jon, the hitch does look like it's smiling! It looks like a big, happy metal turtle! :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Dogdots, if "Operation Petticoat" (Movie: 1959 - Cary Grant. TV Series: 1977 - John Astin.) has any historical significance, the pink paint was actually primer.

The turret quickly became my favorite. And you're right, Jon, the hitch does look like it's smiling! It looks like a big, happy metal turtle! :D

I did think of the movie when I saw pink rolleyes1.gif