Options

Can I Get My 300 mm In A Backpack?

charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited March 31, 2008 in Accessories
Hey Everyone!

I've seen some good threads on bags here, but none that address my particular question.

I've started to use my Canon 300 mm f/2.8L IS a lot. Typically, I'm on my bike while I use it, trying to get from one part of a race course to the other ahead of runners. This means I am carrying, at a minimum, that big lens, a big camera body (1K Mk III), a monopod, and the usual clutter of cards, cleaning cloth, etc. Usually I have at least one other lens, too, maybe a 24 – 70.

I would really like to find a super-secure backpack to hold all this. I want something that goes over both shoulders and stays centered on my back. I tried the kind of bag that goes over one shoulder and then cinches around my waist, but that just doesn't feel secure to me--and it won't hold the 300 mm.

Any ideas? I don't mind a big bag, or even an expensive bag, but I want something tough and secure.

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Yep, you sure can. Check out cambags.com for several examples. ThinkTank even has one designed specifically for big glass: the Glass Taxi bag.
  • Options
    charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    thanks!
    Great idea! I've just ordered one of these. I am sure that the $149 will be a good investment to keep everything handy, and safe.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    I know it's a bit late, but several of the crumpler bags can handle that for you thumb.gif