Options

Adding a page without photos to my SMUGMUG website

itchyfeetitchyfeet Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited March 20, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi

I am a newbie with a power user account.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to incorporate a page in my website without ANY photos (just so I can put basic text in). I don't want a message saying this gallery has no pics etc.

2) Is there a way of preventing people from opening a photo from it's journal view (as I don't want them to see the small/original/large photo etc). The reason is this mucks up the formating in terms of the caption I have put (and I want it to be all nice etc!)

Thanks for your help!
Elliot

Comments

• Options
    itchyfeetitchyfeet Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Just to clarify
    With regards to point (1), I would like to create a page like the one on this excellent website:
    http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/187156
    I want it to be the same in that the page I am referring to has text only. I want to create one or two pages on SmugMug like that.
    Thanks, Elliot
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Here you are:
    itchyfeet wrote:
    Hi

1) Is it possible to incorporate a page in my website without ANY photos (just so I can put basic text in). I don't want a message saying this gallery has no pics etc.

2) Is there a way of preventing people from opening a photo from it's journal view (as I don't want them to see the small/original/large photo etc). The reason is this mucks up the formating in terms of the caption I have put (and I want it to be all nice etc!)

Thanks for your help!
    Elliot
    Hi Elliot, welcome aboard!

#1) see http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=6314
    #2) dunno.. you can force the journal view, but that's how far my limited knowledge goes..

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"