Options

sold: canon 35 f/1.4L

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 20, 2005 in Flea Market
yep, it's that time of the week again, folks :lol3 my store is open. i'm now selling my beloved canon 35 f/1.4L. this is a sweet lens. why am i selling it? simple - i've just bought the canon 24 f/1.4L, eqaully sharp and good, and i prefer the wider focal length. i don't need both the 24 and the 35, so the 35 goes!

here's a gallery of shots taken with this lens

this is a us-warranty lens, purchased in september of 2004. it comes with original box, manual, warranty card, hood, both caps, and soft pouch. condition is mint, i take excellent care of my gear. no scratches or marks on the glass. the outside of the lens is in excellent condition.

price: $1033, includes shipping in continental u.s. method of payment: personal check, bank check, paypal. it's out of stock at many reputable retailers.

buy with confidence: i have a perfect buy/sell record here on dgrin.com. i guarantee your satisfaction.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yep, it's that time of the week again, folks lol3.gif my store is open. i'm now selling my beloved canon 35 f/1.4L. this is a sweet lens. why am i selling it? simple - i've just bought the canon 24 f/1.4L, eqaully sharp and good, and i prefer the wider focal length. i don't need both the 24 and the 35, so the 35 goes!

here's a gallery of shots taken with this lens

this is a us-warranty lens, purchased in september of 2004. it comes with original box, manual, warranty card, hood, both caps, and soft pouch. condition is mint, i take excellent care of my gear. no scratches or marks on the glass. the outside of the lens is in excellent condition.

price: $1033, includes shipping in continental u.s. method of payment: personal check, bank check, paypal. it's out of stock at many reputable retailers.

buy with confidence: i have a perfect buy/sell record here on dgrin.com. i guarantee your satisfaction.

sold, to an anonymous buyer.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Wicked, that is just *sick* you know :lol
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    Wicked, that is just *sick* you know :lol

y'know - the 35L is *so* sweet, i knew it wouldn't last long...

when i bought the 24L i hoped it would be as sweet, and it is iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Andy, can you send sale noticed to my cell phone? I missed another one, that's what I get for going to work! Drat! :cry
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Andy, can you send sale noticed to my cell phone? I missed another one, that's what I get for going to work! Drat! :cry

heheh you mean you don't check dgrin from your cell phone or pda browser? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    So the 24's as sharp, eh? Cool.

Here's my prediction: within the next 12 months you're going to buy another 35. And the reason you'll give is that it equates to a 50mm on a full frame/film body, and that you miss that classic range. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

Here's my prediction: within the next 12 months you're going to buy another 35. And the reason you'll give is that it equates to a 50mm on a full frame/film body, and that you miss that classic range. naughty.gif

We need to start a pool....
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

but

i sold it becuase it's *longer* that 50mm on a 1.6x body it works out to 56mm. the 24mm works out to just over 38mm, and i'd rather be wider than not. so, i predict your prediction will be wrong lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    but

i sold it becuase it's *longer* that 50mm on a 1.6x body it works out to 56mm. the 24mm works out to just over 38mm, and i'd rather be wider than not. so, i predict your prediction will be wrong lol3.gif
    Ah, but I raise you with "the 35 has more consistent sharpness esp. at larger aperatures." lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Ah, but I raise you with "the 35 has more consistent sharpness esp. at larger aperatures." lol3.gif

i can't agree to that yet. i think they're equal in sharpness. the reason the 35 gets more reviews is that more folks use it i believe. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i can't agree to that yet. i think they're equal in sharpness. the reason the 35 gets more reviews is that more folks use it i believe. ne_nau.gif

:):

2512a002.jpg

Time is on my side, yes it is

Now you always say
    That you want to be free
    But you’ll come running back (said you would baby)
    You’ll come running back (I said so many times before)
    You’ll come running back to me

Oh, time is on my side, yes it is

You’re searching for good times
    But just wait and see
    You’ll come running back (I won’t have to worry no more)
    You’ll come running back (spend the rest of my life with you, baby)
    You’ll come running back to me.

rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Wow.

That's a REALLY good looking lens.

You REALLY want to part with it Andy?

I don't know....

;)
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    :):

17874071-L.jpg

fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    fixed.

eh.

just not the same.

that 35 is hellasexy.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    eh.

just not the same.

that 35 is hellasexy.

actually, on the 20d, the 24L feels sooo much better than the 35L. the 24 is a bit lighter and shorter, and the whole affair balances in the hand better deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    actually, on the 20d, the 24L feels sooo much better than the 35L. the 24 is a bit lighter and shorter, and the whole affair balances in the hand better deal.gif

You are no fun.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    You are no fun.

lol3.gif

:poke i'm just dishin' it back atchya