Options

Anyone tried FredMiranda's ResizePro yet?

photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
edited March 21, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I'm considering buying Fred Miranda's ResizePro PS plug-in (http://www.fredmiranda.com/RP/). I have to decide by Sunday (which is when the discount for previous customers runs out). Has anyone already downloaded ResizePro, used it on some real photos, and can offer an "initial impressions" mini-review?

I'm curious how it compares in "real life" with PS's bicubic interpolation and other resizing products out there like Genuine Fractals. (I'm guessing that ResizePro's capabilities lie somewhere between PS's bicubic interpolation and Genuine Fractals, but I'd love to hear of a "real" experience).

I've been happy with CSPro for sharpening my 20D photos. However, CSPro is also advertised to clean up color noise, but doesn't seem to do much at all in that department. So I've seen FM software both live up to expectations (sharpening) and be a real disappointment (color noise).
Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Comments

• Options
    wanderingeyewanderingeye Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    ResizePro vs SIPro ?
    I have been using FM's SIPro for interpolation and I've been very happy with it. It's recommended by some top level stock agencies like SeaPics (www.seapics.com). I like it enough that I am planning to upgrade to the new ResizePro, but I would also be very interested to hear from anyone who has tried the new version. Is there significant improvement over SIPro?

TIA
    David Cothran (Wandering Eye)
    http://www.wandering-eye.com

"the days run away like wild horses over the hills"
    Bukowski
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    I have been using FM's SIPro for interpolation and I've been very happy with it. It's recommended by some top level stock agencies like SeaPics (www.seapics.com). I like it enough that I am planning to upgrade to the new ResizePro, but I would also be very interested to hear from anyone who has tried the new version. Is there significant improvement over SIPro?
    Fred Miranda gives some quick examples of PS bicubic interpolation vs. SI Pro vs. ResizePro on http://www.fredmiranda.com/RP/. He doesn't mention other "competition", though (such as Genuine Fractals). Naturally, this is the ResizePro page, so the ResizePro examples look better than the others...
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Did you get it? any good?ear.gif