Options

Bubble Portait

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited April 6, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
My son and I were out playing an dhe was blowing bubbles while I snapped a few shots. I saw this bubble and thought the reflecgtion was cool. C&C welcome.

275465743_XTsGj-L.jpg

#2 Added some sharpening.
275711591_zhSy8-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    PexiPexi Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Looks like you're living in a bubble! With a huge lens and short legs :D.

Original concept. Why did you go for B&W, I would have thought that the colors in a bubble would be a subject themselves? I think a bit more contrast could be a positive impact for this picture, non?
    Life is pretty straight without motorcycling
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2008
    Pexi wrote:
    Looks like you're living in a bubble! With a huge lens and short legs :D.

Original concept. Why did you go for B&W, I would have thought that the colors in a bubble would be a subject themselves? I think a bit more contrast could be a positive impact for this picture, non?

I didn't have but a couple of minutes to pt it together so I did the quick adjustment and because of the overcast day it lended itself to a quick B&W. Yes there are some colors in the bubble. I'll repost with some additional PP. Thanks for your feedback.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Cool. Whatever is behind your head is a little distracting.
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Cool. Whatever is behind your head is a little distracting.

Thanks Josh, my son and I are actually on top of the play set and that bar is the support beam for the middle of the canopy goes after winter. I'm going to post the colored version in a little while.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    I like the color even better.

That bubble looks HUGE
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    I like the color even better.

That bubble looks HUGE

Thanks Josh. It's actually not that large, perhaps the size of a Grade A egg.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Josh. It's actually not that large, perhaps the size of a Grade A egg.

Amazing! I was thinking it was ~12-18" diameter. I wonder if they have a filter or soemthing that does this all the time...
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2008
    Amazing! I was thinking it was ~12-18" diameter. I wonder if they have a filter or soemthing that does this all the time...

Thanks. Nope it was quite small, the hole next to it is for a bolt in the play set that I believe was a 1/2". I want to try this shot again on a clear day so that the sky shows up really well. My son had blown a series of bubbles and between dodging the bubble soap with my lens, (for some reason my son thought it was hilarious to try and blow the soap on my glass), and the wind, I was happy to get this unplanned surprise.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com