Options

Route 60

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in Journeys
The other day I was on business upstate, on the way back I took US Route 60. Rt 60 is the old Midland Trail, one of the routes used by the early settlers. At anyrate as I came down into the valley I encountered on of the small waterfalls that dot the road in this area. To my luck the fall was running and I was able to take some shots before finishing the trip home. I must have been an interseting site clambering over rocks in a suit!

Here are a few shots (CC welcome):

1:
265502884_6pUbB-S-2.jpg

2:
265520791_mBjRt-S-2.jpg

265529376_PyPCL-S-2.jpg

I wish that it had been later in the spring so the trees were green. Oh well, the good news is that this waterfall is only 25 min from the house.

PhotoJ
"Make it don't take it!"

Jason

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Very nice little falls. Very cool that it is so close to the house as well.thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    thanks
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Very nice little falls. Very cool that it is so close to the house as well.thumb.gif

Thanks, I hope to shoot it when it is greener this year. I have a ND filter onthe way to which will help me get a little more artistic.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    I like the angle of the shot in #3.

Your lucky to have a little waterfall so close to your house....I'd have to go far to find one rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Awesome shots! Charleston huh? I'm in Ashland KY, not too far from you....I love driving old 60, it's a great scenic route. clap.gif
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"
  • Options
    kworkkwork Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    I love the angle of #3 as well. Go back in the spring when you get that ND filter. I grew up in WV and wish I'd taken up photography at a much younger age. The scenery is stunning and I never seem to have enough time to take it in when I go home for a visit.
    Kevin

D50 ■ 17-55 f/2.8 ■ 50 f/1.8 ■ 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S ■ SB-800 ■ SB-600 ■ Hoya Filters ■ Manfrotto legs and head ■ Kata R-103 Rucksack

My SmugMug
    My Project 366 :ivar
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2008
    ND Filter is in the bag
    kwork wrote:
    I love the angle of #3 as well. Go back in the spring when you get that ND filter. I grew up in WV and wish I'd taken up photography at a much younger age. The scenery is stunning and I never seem to have enough time to take it in when I go home for a visit.

The ND came in a few weeks ago I'm just waiting on it to green up a bit. We have plenty of rain so far this spring so water should not be a problem. Time will be the problem. I just might have to take some annual leave and go photo hunting. :D
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2008
    Montgomery to be exact
    Awesome shots! Charleston huh? I'm in Ashland KY, not too far from you....I love driving old 60, it's a great scenic route. clap.gif

To be honest I live just outside of Montgomery but most folks would not find that on the map so I list Charleston. I work in Charleston and spend a lot f time here so I claim it on the site. I've been over your way several times, just not with the camera.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like the angle of the shot in #3.

Your lucky to have a little waterfall so close to your house....I'd have to go far to find one rolleyes1.gif

Its nice, there are a cople of little falls near me but this is the largest. The other nice set is Kanahwha Falls. I shot a wedding there last year. Talk about a pain, midday event, right on the little beach. Awful. That would escribe my opinion of the photos I took that day too but the bride and groom were happy. So I claim it. lol:D
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason