275997890_Cxqxq-L.jpg

EDIT: ... and the sequel is here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=90233
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    All thoughtful shots Nikolai! thumb.gif

Tease frame. How nice is that? :D I like the dress already.
    Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    All thoughtful shots Nikolai! thumb.gif

Tease frame. How nice is that? :D I like the dress already.
    Michael
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    And yeah... that tease.. out of 450+ shots I took that Sunday she was not in the frame maaaaybe in 10 of them... rolleyes1.gif
    So, as I said, it's coming... Just need to process a bit more mwink.gif
  • Options
    PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Nikolai, it truly is a fantastic scene here in Cali this season no? After suffering through a horrible '07 wildflower season, I've been so stoked on the blooms this year.

So all that being said, even looking at California poppies triggers the o'factory senses that they have. I remeber literally opening my car door for the first time and nearly being overwhelmed by that incredible scent. Good times!

Your last shot is my favorite. Its very difficult to meter orange, and especially hard to get low enough to get a successful backlit shot of a poppy, especially in the wind. My rating for you... an 11 out of 10 bro! clap.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    Nikolai, it truly is a fantastic scene here in Cali this season no? After suffering through a horrible '07 wildflower season, I've been so stoked on the blooms this year.

So all that being said, even looking at California poppies triggers the o'factory senses that they have. I remeber literally opening my car door for the first time and nearly being overwhelmed by that incredible scent. Good times!
    Yeah, totally. I guess this year is a payoff for the last 2-3..:-)
    Your last shot is my favorite. Its very difficult to meter orange, and especially hard to get low enough to get a successful backlit shot of a poppy, especially in the wind. My rating for you... an 11 out of 10 bro! clap.gif
    Thanks! It's 100mm macro:-) And even with that it took me a few tries - as you mentioned, the wind is always strong there.
  • Options
    SunnyvalejohnSunnyvalejohn Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    nice variety of shots! Great color! Wish I was down there.
    Enjoy
    John
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    nice variety of shots! Great color! Wish I was down there.
    Enjoy
    John
    John, thank you! thumb.gif
    Unfortunately, it happens very quickly once a year, and not every year at that...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yeah, totally. I guess this year is a payoff for the last 2-3..:-)

Thanks! It's 100mm macro:-) And even with that it took me a few tries - as you mentioned, the wind is always strong there.

The 100 is such a great lens. Did you throw on the extension tube (12) or shoot plain by chance?

I've been shooting with the 180 macro but the minimal focal distance can be a real bummer sometimes.

Nikolai, you'll have to come with me to the Carrizo Plain one of these days, as it lookis like a solid year there too
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    The 100 is such a great lens. Did you throw on the extension tube (12) or shoot plain by chance?

I've been shooting with the 180 macro but the minimal focal distance can be a real bummer sometimes.

Nikolai, you'll have to come with me to the Carrizo Plain one of these days, as it lookis like a solid year there too

It was just 100mm direct. It was essentially a model shoot, so I really didn't have time to play macro games ne_nau.gif, this one was a qwikie while my "Dorothy" was changing into her orange outfit mwink.gif

To my shame this is the first time I ever heard about Carrizo Plains. I googled it, so now I know:-)
    How long do you think is it gonna stay in bloom? I already have some plans for the two nearest weekends, but some of them can be shuffled around if there is another great need...mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    I suspect the bloom in the Carrizo will last for at least another two weeks but the lower valley floor will probably be past peak in the next week or so.
    Oh, and FYI, if its recently rained, DONT drive on the dirt roads in Carrizo. I managed to get stuck two years ago in the slop there and I wasnt the only one rolleyes1.gif

Shooting with the 100 is a treat. Such versatility with that lens isnt there? Great bokah, great portrait lens, and light and fast! One of my favorites
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    I suspect the bloom in the Carrizo will last for at least another two weeks but the lower valley floor will probably be past peak in the next week or so.
    Oh, and FYI, if its recently rained, DONT drive on the dirt roads in Carrizo. I managed to get stuck two years ago in the slop there and I wasnt the only one rolleyes1.gif

Shooting with the 100 is a treat. Such versatility with that lens isnt there? Great bokah, great portrait lens, and light and fast! One of my favorites
    Let's get in touch later and maybe plan something for 26-27?
  • Options
    VrungelVrungel Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    thumb.gif

nicely done !
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Vrungel wrote:
    thumb.gif
    nicely done !