Options

San Antonio Riverwalk

lakesidelakeside Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited March 21, 2005 in Landscapes
Was in San Antonio Texas in February on business for a few days. Had an opportunity to visit the Riverwalk area one evening and took a few pics. Here's my favorite from that night.

Steve

Comments

• Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Right back at 'cha!
    Hi Steve,

After reading your post on my NYC night photos, I realized that you had posted your own night photos of San Antonio. Very nice, great colors too. I visited S.A. for the first time last August, and as it turns out I'll be moving there this summer (Air Force-related). I especially liked the shot of the Alamo in your gallery - definitely need to try get one like that into my portfolio.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • Options
    lakesidelakeside Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2005
    Kevin,

Thank you. The shot of the Alamo was an exercise in patience. Was there around 9 in the evening and groups of tourists were constantly walking up to it and looking while I just sat behind my camera and tripod.

The Alamo was a blend of two shots. There were bright lights on the center front which diminished into dark shadows, especially on the right. Took another shot and exposed more for the shadows.

That helped alot, but I also used an action in Photoshop called Paint with Light to darken some of hte highlights and lighten the shadows a little more.

Steve
  • Options
    KeithAlanKKeithAlanK Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Nice, Steve. Of course, I'm partial to Riverwalk shots.

Kevin, if you have any questions at all about SA, give me a holler.
    Check my blog, especially the Feb/Mar archives, for ideas on what you're in for.
    San Antonio is a photographer's dream. Abundant unique subjects and generally great weather. When the sky is blue, it's BLUE!
    (Randolph, Lackland or KellyUSA? I'm an old USAF brat.)
    Keith
    :bigbs