Options

detail macro wedding photos

bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited April 9, 2008 in Finishing School
hello, i was hired to do my first wedding Photo shoot. i have only done 2 weedings, both for friends. the bride knows this and knows i am a student only but insists that she wants me to shoot her wedding. she wants me to shoot some details like the runner, name tage on the table, cake etc... i have a nikon D40, how do photographers get in so close and get perfect details without blur.... i tried a few shots. i will try to upload them later but i can't seem to get good up close detail shots. the wedding is in OCT 2008 so i have some time to practice!!!!!!!! any suggestions. i am nervouse as heck.
:cry
http://www.rominasphotography.com
Romina Ludovico

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    bellaphoto wrote:
    hello, i was hired to do my first wedding Photo shoot. i have only done 2 weedings, both for friends. the bride knows this and knows i am a student only but insists that she wants me to shoot her wedding. she wants me to shoot some details like the runner, name tage on the table, cake etc... i have a nikon D40, how do photographers get in so close and get perfect details without blur.... i tried a few shots. i will try to upload them later but i can't seem to get good up close detail shots. the wedding is in OCT 2008 so i have some time to practice!!!!!!!! any suggestions. i am nervouse as heck.
    :cry
    http://www.rominasphotography.com

The thing you need is a good lens. Something F2.8 or lower- you do not need a macro lens to get close ups. What lenses do you currently have? You can look into renting a lens at your local pro shop or through a vendor like borrowlenses.com in the Flea Market section of dgrin.

Examples: is this what you are talking about?

276559226_fFnQJ-L.jpg

243311237_NzEco-L.jpg

243314290_cR38F-L.jpg

You will also want a flash unit and understand bouncing and diffusing the flash as the reception hall may dark.

Hope that gives you a few answers
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    MAcro
    YES, Thank you soooooo much for the advise. i am still learning flash, difussing, lenses etc in my class. but thanks again.
    iloveyou.gif
    anwmn1 wrote:
    The thing you need is a good lens. Something F2.8 or lower- you do not need a macro lens to get close ups. What lenses do you currently have? You can look into renting a lens at your local pro shop or through a vendor like borrowlenses.com in the Flea Market section of dgrin.

Examples: is this what you are talking about?

276559226_fFnQJ-L.jpg

243311237_NzEco-L.jpg

243314290_cR38F-L.jpg

You will also want a flash unit and understand bouncing and diffusing the flash as the reception hall may dark.

Hope that gives you a few answers
    Romina Ludovico