Options

Moar HDRIs!!!

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm having fun at this, some of these really turned out bad ass.

273580789_48h9p-XL.jpg

273581111_u4QGf-XL.jpg

273581356_d3dsW-XL-1.jpg

273581718_qMptB-XL-1.jpg

273582052_CfjnU-XL-1.jpg

273580484_V4UUe-XL-1.jpg

Added them here from the last reply..

273986728_LrvbV-XL.jpg

273986928_XoaAB-XL-1.jpg

273987124_hMLQT-XL-1.jpg

273987338_wR9mQ-XL.jpg

273987544_bunGo-XL-1.jpg

273987718_ccDSs-XL-1.jpg

273986612_94KGG-XL-1.jpg

I'm addicted to this!!!
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Wow, tone mapping gone wild! ;) This is not a bad thing, and if you are having fun, well that's even better. You have a wicked sky in the first shot. The second to last shot blurs the line between photography and digital art. When I see images like this, it makes me want to mess around more with photomatix!
  • Options
    theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    These are incredibly awesome images! I agree with the last poster, the second to last definitely blurs that line and I love it! I can see how this would be addictive. I recently got a 40D and I have been wanting to experiment with HDR...I can't wait to try it out. clap.gif
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Looks like you're having a lot of fun! These are great...love the second to last and the last. clap.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    PUREVILPUREVIL Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    How many images did you have to shoot for the first shot? Also what program did you use? Lastly RAW or jpg? I tried shooting a few images (hand held) in jpg and I couldn't get the effect like you did. Amazing images.... the second to last one is wicked, but i love the first one and like them all. MORE PLEASE!!! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    Oddly enough, this time, I only used 3 bracketed shots per photo. The result was a much cleaner and clearer HDR. Shooting at ISO50 in concert with Noiseware(which has seen over 2000 shots from my 5D and has a pretty tight profile now) I was able to keep the noise down. The key to the insanity of the shots was the processing I did AFTER creating the tone-mapped HDR. While I still had the tif in 16 bit, I converted it to 32bit, worked with the colors a bit, then tone-mapped in CS3 again. So it's not just a "hey, look, I just bought photomatix and now I'm an artist" sort of picture. hahah

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'll crank out some more possibly today. I want to try my hand at some night time HDR's
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    HDR is not my thing, but it's definitely a different look. I can see people liking it thumb.gif Personally, I think that the subjects in these shots are not very interesting though. I think if you got some more interesting subjects, they would be appreciated by a lot more people. The phone or electricity wires and the green flare (2nd shot) bother me. Any way you can clone those out? I think it would improve the shots as well. I do very much like the reflection in the silver Honda.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    haha! Thanks Ivar, I'll try to come up with something a mite more interesting just for you. :)
    Modus Imagery
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    Added some, yay! Slightly more interesting, Ivar? It's a Bugatti Veyron. :P

MOVED.
    Modus Imagery
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Added some, yay! Slightly more interesting, Ivar? It's a Bugatti Veyron. :P

MOVED.

I moved the photos up to the first post so as not to confuse folk.

-Joe
    Modus Imagery
  • Options
    kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    wow. awsome man- great job. I havea alot to learn from you. thumb.gif

i like 1, 4, 9
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."