Serious gear for a serious issue

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited January 17, 2004 in The Big Picture
Jeff Garcia, SF 49ers quarterback, was busted yesterday for drunk driving in San Jose, Ca. Seven hours after his release from jail, he gave a press conference to show his contrition.

Note the serious gear used to capture this serious moment (10D, 550EX, 17-40/4). :1drink
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Good eye. (#2)
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    There was a much better image taken by the guy standing behind the guy with the 10D that showed up in the SJ Mercury print edition this morning, but that image hasn't shown up on the web for some reason. I suppose I could scan it...ugh.

Later...
    So maybe I dreamed it? I just looked through the paper, and there was another shot, but it wasn't the one I was looking for. Nevermind. umph.gif

I like the stofen diffuser that the guy next to the 10D guy is using. Might have to cough up the $17 for one.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 15, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Later...
    So maybe I dreamed it? I just looked through the paper, and there was another shot, but it wasn't the one I was looking for. Nevermind. :umph

Ahem. :oomph is now umph.gif. And quite rightly. umph.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited January 15, 2004
    fish wrote:
    I like the stofen diffuser that the guy next to the 10D guy is using. Might have to cough up the $17 for one.

I have one of those diffusers. Makes a big difference. But a surprising amount of light still gets through. I find myself pointing it every which way to reduce the harshness.
    Sid.
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Nevermind. :umph

I use the stofen and I have been very happy with it.

I think :umph has been replaced by umph.gif
    edited January 15, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    I use the stofen and I have been very happy with it.

I think :umph has been replaced by umph.gif

rolleyes1.gif

Hey, wait a minute! umph.gif
    Sid.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 17, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Do it. You'll leave it on all the time...

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • TuesdayTuesday Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Do it. You'll leave it on all the time...

Ian
    Ooh. I think I want one too.
    Wonder if I can steal one on E-bay. :D
    God. I love Ebay.

:tuesday