Screening Room -- Post yer vids here!

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    EXcellent! What a fun thing to do....and a great use for MS's moviemaker.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Just a time lapse I made on easter from my window........

SWH,

I merged your thread with the screening room, as we're going to be sharing our videos here. I also embedded your video, as I want to encourage people to embed. Why go outside of the thread if you don't have to, right? thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 26, 2008
    tspore wrote:
    Well, the poppies are alive, so I wanted to share this from yesterday - ...................

tspore,

I merged your thread into the screening room. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Something different
    Video Montage, this was made just under 12 months ago, the pictures are not to special but tell me what you think.

The video is 11.5mb in size

http://www.baiterpowerkites.co.uk/video/wallop07.wmv

Regards

Tim
  • StvStv Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Luv this Montage!
    draggin wrote:
    Video Montage, this was made just under 12 months ago, the pictures are not to special but tell me what you think.

The video is 11.5mb in size

http://www.baiterpowerkites.co.uk/video/wallop07.wmv

Regards

Tim

Good stuff! Luv the colourful catch'n air action shots. Panning and sound track add tension to a great show. Well done...thanx. thumb.gif
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Another picture montage, this is my first play with Adobe Premier Elements. Managed to produce it without looking in the manual(or help file) for help headscratch.gif

Its is another Kite festival but unfortunately somebody forgot to order the wind, a lot of the early ramp jumps were performed by being pulled along behind a car eek7.gif

Its only a short film but is 32mb in size as its is in mpeg format

http://www.windriders.co.uk/video/Essex07.mpg

Tim
  • PenrodPenrod Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    My first promo video! I would love your opinions. :D

http://penrodstudios.com
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Penrod wrote:
    My first promo video! I would love your opinions. :D

http://penrodstudios.com

Can you slow it down a little... I was having trouble keeping up. I like the overall image and intent it was just too fast for me.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • backyarder1backyarder1 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2008
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Video by Baldy.
    SexyPlayer by SmugSorcery.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 25, 2008
    Pretty cool, all the way around. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • BrianLoweBrianLowe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    OK, I have been bitten by the video bug here is my first attempt at video. This was shot at BCAM (Broad Contemporary Art Museum) in Los Angeles. I used Final cut express for the editing. I used an old Sony miniDV camera for this video.

BTW, I had so much fun putting this together I went out and bought at Canon VIXIA HV-30 yesterday (I'll post video from the HV-30 soon).

Thanks for looking.

Enjoy

<embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008042404.swf&quot; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9Mjg1NjQxNDAxJms9WHR4Um4mYT00MzY1Nzk0X2hKWHgzJnU9YnJpYW5sb3dl" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="282" width="425">"><object height="282" width="425">

<embed src="
    http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008042404.swf&quot; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9Mjg1NjQxNDAxJms9WHR4Um4mYT00MzY1Nzk0X2hKWHgzJnU9YnJpYW5sb3dl" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="282" width="425"></object>
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    This is actually a double post (I made it for the "day in the life of dgrin..."), but since this is the "post yer vids here" I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it again. :D

<object height="318" width="425">

<embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008042404.swf&quot; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9MjgzOTc1NzcyJms9dDlpeG0mYT00NzYwNDg3X2ViTVlCJnU9SW5pdGlhbFBob3RvZ3JhcGh5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="318" width="425"></object>
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 29, 2008
    Very nice Andrew. thumb.gifthumb She's a keeper.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Very nice Andrew. thumb.gifthumb She's a keeper.

Thanks! I couldn't believe how much fun I had making the video. For me photography is about taking the picture, not the processing of the image, I think its just the opposite for video.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Racing DVD Intro
    We put together a new Intro for our Dirt Track Racing DVDs. Thought I'd share it here.

I would also like to know how some of you have managed to embed the player in your post.

edit, Andy:

<object width=425 height=318><param name="movie" value="http://www.highdesertracing.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008042602.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=aT0yODgxNjc2ODUmaz1OcVRjVCZhPTE5MzkxMjZfTllOUEImdT1IRFZpZGVvJmU9MQ==" /><embed src="http://www.highdesertracing.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008042602.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0yODgxNjc2ODUmaz1OcVRjVCZhPTE5MzkxMjZfTllOUEImdT1IRFZpZGVvJmU9MQ==" width=425 height=318 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    HDVideo wrote:
    I would also like to know how some of you have managed to embed the player in your post.

1) enable easy sharing in your gallery so you have a "Share" button and then just click it thumb.gif You'll see the embed code.
  • HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    1) enable easy sharing in your gallery so you have a "Share" button and then just click it thumb.gif You'll see the embed code.
    Thanks Andy!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Interesting Effect from fast sequence
    So this weekend I was hanging out with friends working on a restoring a motorcycle for a charity project. Well Bill went and took it out for a spin and I shot some pictures (not photos, just pictures) in fast action mode and when I was running through them in Lightroom to review I thought that they made a cool video effect, so here it is pretty simple

-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • KETCH ROSSIKETCH ROSSI Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Great Spot!

Full of totally Fun videos and very creative stuff.

my first clip

EDIT. HA! Just deed it! Smugmug Rocks even more now! But it would have been great to have size options instead of going directly to full screen as the high compression, degrades the images when shown on a 30" Display, half size for it would have been perfect!

Ciao
  • BuilditBuildit Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    Well, I'm working on honing my skills so that I can start a new business renting myself out to video tape others riding onroad and offroad. Here are my current attempts in low quality on photobucket. Yes, dial up sucks.:cry
    Short video for a Rally I attended:
    th_BYOBshortsmall.jpg
    Add for video service:
    th_OnlineVideoAdd.jpg
    Video of another rally attended:
    th_ShortTechDay.jpg
  • peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008

The birth of our little baby, Irie :D
  • BuilditBuildit Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Yep, more motorcycles!mwink.gif

th_MarksRideDVDshort.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    All still photos from a recent trip.

Created in Abobe Premiere Elements. I have version 2.0 so I had to save as an AVI and then convert to a friendlier format using MPEG Stream software. I still need to play around with the compression settings to see if the transiions will be smoother, but it displays 1000% better than it looked using youtube.

• GwagDesignsGwagDesigns Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Created in Abobe Premiere Elements. I have version 2.0 so I had to save as an AVI and then convert to a friendlier format using MPE Stream software. I still need to play around with the compression settings to see if the transiions wi bmoother, but it displays 1000% better than it looked using youtube.

<object width="640" height="426">

<embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008050901.swf&quot; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9MzM0MDU5MDUxJms9WW5lZW8mYT01NDYzOTAyX2hwM3EyJnU9amttYW5uZm9ydW0=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="426"></object>

Hey jeff, i really like that slideshow, i think the music REALLY adds to it, which is why im writing to ask you where you got it?
    [7D] - [30D] - [GF1] - 70-200f4L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 | Sigma 18-50
    www.GwagDesigns.com | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Hey jeff, i really like that slideshow, i think the music REALLY adds to it, which is why im writing to ask you where you got it?

Thanks....

Music can make or break a presentation like this. I am hoping to be able to post more now that I have figured out a way to manipulate the files to a reasonable size.

The name of the piece is "Life and Death" by Michael Giacchino. It was used as background music on the hit TV show "Lost". I was mesmerized by it during the show and tagged it as one I would like to use for a still photo dvd type presentation. It is only about 4 minutes long, but lent itself well to being remixed to length for this presentation. Try the itunes store or amazon!
  • ZeeZee Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Here's one I put together after taking/filming a few rides onboard a Bell 412EP flown by an acrobatic helicopter pilot. Pretty sweet ride :)
  • StvStv Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    ZEE, Very Sweet Indeed!
    Zee wrote:
    Here's one I put together after taking/filming a few rides onboard a Bell 412EP flown by an acrobatic helicopter pilot. Pretty sweet ride :)

A thrilling chopper video and a great photo gallery too. A must see.clap.gif
    edited September 21, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Jeff, nice SS!

It's the little things, though. The 2-pop goes on the 2 in your countdown leader. And the 2 should be right when the 3 ends. Is that built in to Adobe? They got it all wrong. Sigh.

And I can't step through, but it looks like the numbers change late. :D I'm so used to looking at those things, that when they're wrong, it bugs me.

EDIT: In europe it's a 3-pop, as in 3 feet. In the US it's been a 2-pop, as in 2 seconds.
    Moderator Emeritus