Options

Looking 4 PS action to eliminate window haze

SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi Folks,

Actually, hi to everyone. :wave I've been lurking for quite a while now and am finally posting. I've enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot, especially the bball ones, since they helped me a lot with my recent trip to Texas to shoot my nephews playing bball. I'm still working on them and will torture you all with a few more when I finally finish working on them. :lol3

My question is if any of you have the action to reduce or eliminate the window haze from shooting through the jet window. I think that Andy Williams posted that once but I cannot find the post. :dunno I'd really appreciate being able to try that.:wink

Thanks a lot,

Susan

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    Hi Folks,

Actually, hi to everyone. wave.gif I've been lurking for quite a while now and am finally posting. I've enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot, especially the bball ones, since they helped me a lot with my recent trip to Texas to shoot my nephews playing bball. I'm still working on them and will torture you all with a few more when I finally finish working on them. lol3.gif

My question is if any of you have the action to reduce or eliminate the window haze from shooting through the jet window. I think that Andy Williams posted that once but I cannot find the post. ne_nau.gif I'd really appreciate being able to try that.mwink.gif

Thanks a lot,

Susan

wave.gif hi back, susan :)

post an example shot for us to play with, we love a challenge :) also give us a link to the orig if you can, too.

the thread you were talking about is here basically there's no action, you need to work with curves adjustment... what photo editor do you use?

lurkers rule!
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    andy wrote:
    wave.gif hi back, susan :)

post an example shot for us to play with, we love a challenge :) also give us a link to the orig if you can, too.

the thread you were talking about is here basically there's no action, you need to work with curves adjustment... what photo editor do you use?

lurkers rule!
    Thanks for the reply Andy!:):

I've put a small jpg on the smugmug site and was going to include the tiff as the original but the smugmug system is not recognizing the tiff in the browser. I have not tried the CR2 file and recall that smugmug does not use CR2 files either, so I'm not sure what to do about posting an original.ne_nau.gif

Here's the link: http://susanb.smugmug.com/gallery/426404/1/17105775/Large

This jpg is converted to jpg only and no other processing done to it. I read your post and understand the convert to monchrome, but the masking part is an enigma to me as I'm completely lacking in the layers end of PS- altho' I've been planning on trying them out. When I did try some levels on these images, they seemed to create a bit of a harsh end to the image as opposed to the softer snow/clouds look that seems to be more appealing to me. That said the photo needs some more pop and definition. Sharpening has a tendency to bring out a noisy grain too. So, I'm kind of stuck.ne_nau.gif

I'd love to see what you all might like to try. Please let me know how to post a larger file.

Thanks,

Susan
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    I gave this a try as I'm a nOOb with PSE3 and needed the practice. Hope I did it some justice. I applied a new adjustment layer of level and then bright/contrast.

Original:

343348%3A323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E5%3B%3A%3E286%3EWSNRCG%3D323288377%3B65%3Bnu0mrj

After PSE3:
    343348%3A323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E5%3B%3A%3E286%3EWSNRCG%3D323288377%3B464nu0mrj

Thanks,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    17109043-M.jpg
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I gave this a try as I'm a nOOb with PSE3 and needed the practice. Hope I did it some justice. I applied a new adjustment layer of level and then bright/contrast.

Original:

343348%3A323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E5%3B%3A%3E286%3EWSNRCG%3D323288377%3B65%3Bnu0mrj

After PSE3:
    343348%3A323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E5%3B%3A%3E286%3EWSNRCG%3D323288377%3B464nu0mrj

Thanks,

Eric
    Oo thanks Eric, I like that!thumb.gif

I tried messing with it via levels, noise reuction, shadows/highlights and some usm and got this: http://susanb.smugmug.com/gallery/426404/1/17109043/Large.jpg I hope that adding .jpg works to make the photo show up in the post.
    Yours still has the soft couds and the nice contrast at the same time which is what I was trying to get. I'll have to see how they look side by side when I look at the post.

Thanks very much ,

Susan
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    a different goal
    This is my attempt. I wanted to bring out some 'angryness' in the clouds.

all I've done is play with the levels.

SusanB wrote:
    Oo thanks Eric, I like that!thumb.gif

I tried messing with it via levels, noise reuction, shadows/highlights and some usm and got this: http://susanb.smugmug.com/gallery/426404/1/17109043/Large.jpg I hope that adding .jpg works to make the photo show up in the post.
    Yours still has the soft couds and the nice contrast at the same time which is what I was trying to get. I'll have to see how they look side by side when I look at the post.

Thanks very much ,

Susan
    hmmm... it's got a bit of a green tint now I've uploaded it (??!!)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....