Options

Domain Forwarding Question

MatthewleesheltonMatthewleeshelton Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello there! I am brand new to the SmugMug community; I signed up for an account last week after a few years of frustration with Flickr, Picassa and the like. So far, I'm very impressed with the versatility of SmugMug. As my long term goal is to be able to occasionally sell a photo, I signed up for the pro account. This is my first post to this forum.

I am computer-literate and tech savvy, but this is my first foray into having my own domain name. I signed up for two domains using SmugMug by Go Daddy, the first being www.matthewleeshelton.com and the second being www.mattandteklashelton.com. Using the Control Panel in my SmugMug account, it was easy to set up my home page as the first address listed above.

I want to be able to forward the second domain to the first. So, three days ago, I went into my SmugMug by GoDaddy account manager to manage two domains. It seems to be a straightforward process to forward a domain, however it's not working for me. In my Account Manager, it clearly states in both the Domain Forwarding Status tab and in the detail tab for my second domain that the second domain is being forwarded to the first domain.

If I type in www.matthewleeshelton.com in a browser...great, it goes right to my home page. However, if i type in www.mattandteklashelton.com, it takes me not to my home page but to the overall SmugMug home page (i.e., www.smugmug.com). Help! What am I missing here?

Comments