Options

Quarry Climbing

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in Sports
I went climbing at Perth's main quarry crag yesterday, i only took a few photo's as they would have been nothing but butt shots. Still ended up with a couple of keepers I think.
17831685-M.jpg

on very precarious slab moves, unfortunately i'm shooting into the sun.
17831939-M.jpg

and almost at the anchors
17832126-M.jpg

not quite the most photogenic of areas, but the climbing is ok.
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 21, 2005
    Mushy,

Man, that's some sky in that 1st pic thumb.gifthumb.gif

There's something I like about that last one. A different approach to this last one might be, to move to your left so that you're behind the person. Then try to get a shot with part him in the foreground (looking at the climber) and the climber on the rock in the background.

I know you didn't ask for a critique. Just trying to be helpful :):

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Mushy,

Man, that's some sky in that 1st pic thumb.gifthumb.gif

There's something I like about that last one. A different approach to this last one might be, to move to your left so that you're behind the person. Then try to get a shot with part him in the foreground (looking at the climber) and the climber on the rock in the background.

I know you didn't ask for a critique. Just trying to be helpful :):

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    always after critique Steve, i think you just hit what I was looking for. A different perspective if only i had your idea a few days earlier. oh well there is always easter holidays!
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    brucenzbrucenz Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    sheer rock
    I love the sky in pic 1. Its a tough one - if you shot downwards it looks ike many photos but if you shoot upward as you did then its a different view than normal but it can just then be a holiday pic. I think the distance view is quite refreshing because it shows the distinction between man and cliff, with perspective, distance and quantities of size. Well done.clap.gif

mushy wrote:
    I went climbing at Perth's main quarry crag yesterday, i only took a few photo's as they would have been nothing but butt shots. Still ended up with a couple of keepers I think.
    17831685-M.jpg

on very precarious slab moves, unfortunately i'm shooting into the sun.
    17831939-M.jpg

and almost at the anchors
    17832126-M.jpg

not quite the most photogenic of areas, but the climbing is ok.