Options

Galleria in Milano

marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in Landscapes
Here's a picture I took while in Milan last month. I saw the place and knew I wanted a person in the frame walking away from me. So to the dismal of my company I sat next to some plants waiting for someone to step into the frame. Took one shot, and then had to move along (so said my company). In post I compensated for the perspective a bit, and used Johnny Akerlunds B&W action.

17847312-M-3.jpg
enjoy being here while getting there

Comments

• Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Lovely
    Marlof,

Great picture, and a nice story too. I'm sure that everyone here can relate to your experience of having the perfect picture in your mind's eye, the patience to wait for it, and a group of non-photographers who think you've lost your marbles!
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Thanks!
    KevinKal wrote:
    Great picture, and a nice story too.
    Thank you for you kind words!
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    Here's a picture I took while in Milan last month. I saw the place and knew I wanted a person in the frame walking away from me. So to the dismal of my company I sat next to some plants waiting for someone to step into the frame. Took one shot, and then had to move along (so said my company). In post I compensated for the perspective a bit, and used Johnny Akerlunds B&W action.

17847312-M-3.jpg
    I like the black and white conversion! I do not care for the women in the middle of the picture.
    In my opinion if she was a few steps further it would have been perfect! You would have captured the action and given a better scope of the station or whatever this vast beautiful building is.
    Still I like this and thanks for sharing:D

Tim
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Thanks Tim!
    Shakey wrote:
    I like the black and white conversion! I do not care for the women in the middle of the picture.
    Don't let my company hear that... they were annoyed enough that I waited for her to get to the middle of the picture. As for the B&W conversion: you can find the actions at Johny Akerlund's website.
    Shakey wrote:
    [...]a better scope of the station or whatever this vast beautiful building is.
    The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele is a sort of shopping mall avant-la-lettre. Nothing more, nothing less. :D