Options

So I WAS going to sign up for a SmugMug PRO trial...

cjoconn22cjoconn22 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited April 14, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
...But I am having connection issues, I believe they are Comcast's problem since a traceroute shows lots of packet loss...and I can't even ping my gateway :-/ I just don't want to waste a day of the trial with slow loading Smug Mug

So I must wait til it is fixed.

Have you had any other comcast (seattle area) customers with similar issues?

Comments

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    cjoconn22 wrote:
    ...But I am having connection issues, I believe they are Comcast's problem since a traceroute shows lots of packet loss...and I can't even ping my gateway :-/ I just don't want to waste a day of the trial with slow loading Smug Mug

So I must wait til it is fixed.

Have you had any other comcast (seattle area) customers with similar issues?
    Feel free to use my coupon code (click the link in my sig) to save $5 on your pro account :)

BUT, You will *love* Smugmug. It's the bees-knees thumb.gif

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    wave.gif welcome

These things are fairly rare. Though comcast isn't the best of performers, I'm sorry to say :(

Holler to our support heroes if we can help with any diagnostics. Of course, we'll happily extend your trial, too :D
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome

These things are fairly rare. Though comcast isn't the best of performers, I'm sorry to say :(
    Now, THERE'S an understatement rolleyes1.gif Comcast is a horrid ISP; I can't figure out how they stay in business--and why people keep using them?!?

Fios FTW thumb.gif

David
  • Options
    cjoconn22cjoconn22 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited April 14, 2008
    Wow! MIghty impressed the the ease of the tutorials provided for customization. I went ahead and took the plunge, I'm at about the two hour mark and done for the night...but i got a LOT more done that I expected

http://caseyo.smugmug.com/

Comcast did make it painstakingly slow quite often, but among the page timeouts and overall slowness I got my site started. Say goodbye to building my own site with Joomla, hello to SmugMug :) I don't think i'll need a trial extension, but that kind gesture encouraged me to give it a shot. I'm glad i did. thanks for quick replies