Options

Back drops

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
I need to shoot a few pics with a solid color back dropt that will cast no shadows... I was thinking of black would be the easyest? But what is a good iteam that will soak up the light and not show any shadows?

Or would it be better to buy a "Chromakey" back drop? Money is tight and I would rather spend it on the prints. Any ideas would be greeat! :thumb
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    I need to shoot a few pics with a solid color back dropt that will cast no shadows... I was thinking of black would be the easyest? But what is a good iteam that will soak up the light and not show any shadows?

Or would it be better to buy a "Chromakey" back drop? Money is tight and I would rather spend it on the prints. Any ideas would be greeat! thumb.gif
    I have found that black velvet, given enough distance soaks up the light extremely well.....certain types are better than others and less reflective. if you can run your fingers across it and get patterns don't use it.

hmmm, dunno what a Chromakey back drop is but it sounds expensive. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    I use black velvet also.
  • Options
    brucenzbrucenz Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    black velvet
    I bought some too but to my surprise and (doh) when I shot macro I tend to get a great closeup of the black velvet more than the thing I'm trying to photograph. But black velvet is certainly the best. Brucenzclap.gif
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Another black velvet fan this end. :):

Danny.