Options

Uh....a little help here? PLEASE?

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Wow, this has been another exciting morning....aka...wake up the phone ringing and rushing out the door.

Anyway, I have been working with a company all morning about a possible shoot coming up and I was just asked this:

"Print would consist of advertisments in various "local weekly newspapers" and magazines of the area's we have chat lines in( i.e.-the seattle weekly, the stranger), you can see the list on our site, we also have ad's in national papers such as The Onion, The National Examiner, The Globe etc. What would you charge for something like that?"

ok....Yey for me for getting more shoots and paying ones. But this I am at a loss for (the cost part).

Comments

• Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    I'm not sure I understand, but here's my non-professional take on it:

What's the length of the contract? How long is the shoot? What about processing the images? etc. I'm sure someone here can help you more than me.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    1-3 hours in length is the shoot time they are assuming. Basically it looks like they are trying to get up some stock images to be abled to be put in publications.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Some helpful info in there. Anyone else have more info?
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Added info, I have an insider on this and she gave me the quotes that other photogs have given her:

$175.00 flat negotiable
    $100.00/hr$50.00/hour 50/50 rights$600.00 flat75/hr 25/hr travel 50 format450-600/flat250.00/hr

any of those sound good/right?