Options

Something odd going on with my sites

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Every now and then (6 or so times over the last couple months) I will be working in a gallery and my customer header will disappear and a smugmug header will appear and a smugmug footer will be on the gallery. Also the "add photos", "themes", and "slideshow" buttons will have changed. I go in check my setting, they are all correct. About 5 minutes later, the gallery is back to normal. This has happened too many times to be coincidence, etc. This has happened on 2 different smugmug sites. Can someone from smugmug explain what is going on. Is it due to a change that is occuring to older galleries, that may only take place once a gallery is visited?
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Every now and then (6 or so times over the last couple months) I will be working in a gallery and my customer header will disappear and a smugmug header will appear and a smugmug footer will be on the gallery. Also the "add photos", "themes", and "slideshow" buttons will have changed. I go in check my setting, they are all correct. About 5 minutes later, the gallery is back to normal. This has happened too many times to be coincidence, etc. This has happened on 2 different smugmug sites. Can someone from smugmug explain what is going on. Is it due to a change that is occuring to older galleries, that may only take place once a gallery is visited?
    By any chance did this happen after you replaced a photo or other operation?
    I get it after replacing a photo and the bug has been reported.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2008
    Not sure if I replaced a photo, don't think so, but I could have. Does this only happen for older galleries, or for new galleries as well? (Old = before random letters added to gallery number)
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Not sure if I replaced a photo, don't think so, but I could have. Does this only happen for older galleries, or for new galleries as well? (Old = before random letters added to gallery number)
    Gallery links, when it happens again thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    Andy I got it the other day, but noticed what something specific that it did. Instead of going to nickname.smugmug.com/.... after replacing the photos it went to smugmug.com/... If I went up to the subcategory level and then back into the gallery it went back to nickname.smugmug.com/... and everything was fine. So it just seems its redirecting incorrectly after replacing a photo. Hope this info helps.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Andy I got it the other day, but noticed what something specific that it did. Instead of going to nickname.smugmug.com/.... after replacing the photos it went to smugmug.com/... If I went up to the subcategory level and then back into the gallery it went back to nickname.smugmug.com/... and everything was fine. So it just seems its redirecting incorrectly after replacing a photo. Hope this info helps.
    Thanks - we'll still need the exact details / steps where this happened and how it happened.
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    It occured a few days ago when I was replacing some photos for an order. I was in a hurry and didn't really have time to report it right then.

I was in this gallery, ( link removed ) replacing some photos that I needed to adjust white balance temperature, brightness, etc. I clicked on the photo, clicked on the replace photo, chose the photo and hit replace, once the photos was replaced and was returning to the gallery I landed at ( link removed )
    which has the smugmug header and a few other differences. You can still go there and get that.

The exact same thing happened for multiple galleries when replacing the photo from within a gallery.

If you need more info let me know.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    bham wrote:
    It occured a few days ago when I was replacing some photos for an order. I was in a hurry and didn't really have time to report it right then.

I was in this gallery, (...) replacing some photos that I needed to adjust white balance temperature, brightness, etc. I clicked on the photo, clicked on the replace photo, chose the photo and hit replace, once the photos was replaced and was returning to the gallery I landed at (....)
    which has the smugmug header and a few other differences. You can still go there and get that.

The exact same thing happened for multiple galleries when replacing the photo from within a gallery.

If you need more info let me know.
    See this thread. Already reported.

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=785833&postcount=137
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    Allen wrote:

Good.