Options

Chal 35, ginger, comments?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
The main photo is full frame. It is noisy, I ran the whole thing through Noise Ninja. The reason I am telling you that is I can't blow up small parts and not expect noise. It was amazing what goes on in the evening with these birds. I know that "animals" do not fair well in these challenges, but, well, I wanted to do this, don't have any humans willing to pose, etc.

Any suggestions. Fewer boxes? Whatever.
18015562-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    what about this? I am going out, will be back.

18019229-L.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 22, 2005
    I guess I don't get it headscratch.gif

So in the first one with lots of boxes, there's two birds, and you repeated him? Sorry, slow day I guess.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    lust? ginger im sorry but i dont get it. great shot, but i dont get it.

charlie
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    It would appear...
    that the birds are in a mating ritual-hence 'lust'.

Not sure about the boxes though....
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Ummm. Maybe there is more than one bird in each box? iloveyou.gifheadscratch.gif I think I see two beeks where there should be one but maybe I have a dirty mind.

Email
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Gosh, what city streets do you all hang out in. They are mating. It is something that birds and animals do in the spring. But I thought they were so pretty about it.

g (One bird is on top of the other from the back: PM for more info which I really don't have)
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    It's a neat capture, but I'm sorry...I don't get "Lust" out of it. headscratch.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Charlie Brown, didn't you take elementary mating 101 to become a veterinarian?

So much that doctors don't know.

g
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    The problem with birds and deadly sins is that animals are without sin, not being descended from Adam and Eve and not havinig been evicted from the Garden of Eden. So they do mate, eat, even desire things. But no gluttony, lust, averice. Pride, well, I think they do have pride (at least dogs and cats to) but in their case, I don't think it's a sin.

Theology aside, I think the problem with this shot is that it isn't a nice clear bird shot. The shubbery is in the way and in fact, I think you have focus on it so the birds aren't clear. To get a great shot here, I think you need some foresight and planning and a weed whacker and a duck blind or whatever. Don't worry about the noise for now. If you get a sharp but noisy image, I'll bet it can be fixed in post. How dark was it when you shot this?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    I don't remember. I am still suffering over losing a sitting Osprey, today, by putting the ISO at 100, so there wouldn't be any noise. I took fifty blurred shots and a few blurred flying shots. (A storm was approaching, we all got wet) I should have had some sense, I know what is going on, but can't get into it now.

I don't have any closer access to those birds than that. It was about 6PM, I don't know how dark it was...........it always looks lighter when you are outside.

I want to thank you for the nice things you said about the sunset photos.

g
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    That is my 300L lens with a 1.4 extender on it, so it is about 420, and that is as close as I can get.

People might think I was closer, I had a lake between me and them.

I am just going to let this thread die. I don't know how to take them off when I start them or when someone else says something, but this one will die.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Gosh, what city streets do you all hang out in. They are mating. It is something that birds and animals do in the spring. But I thought they were so pretty about it.

g (One bird is on top of the other from the back: PM for more info which I really don't have)
    Actually, the birds are quite beautiful but I think that the the point that birds act without sin is a good one. Don't give up on animals though. Domesticated ones in particular often take on the habits of their owners so there are some real possibilities there.rolleyes1.gif

Email
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I don't remember. I am still suffering over losing a sitting Osprey, today, by putting the ISO at 100, so there wouldn't be any noise. I took fifty blurred shots and a few blurred flying shots.
    Ginger, I just want to respond to this - you have mentioned it a few times now, but you must be the only person out there who even talks about noise with a 20D! What gives? If I had one of those, i'd probably never put it below ISO 400, yet you are trying your hardest to be at 100 all the time. Just curious.

And BTW, now I see that there are two birds there. Not an easy one at all to figure out. Definitely not lust. Had to be one of those "had to be there" things.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]