Options

Bridge CS3 Weirdness

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
edited April 15, 2008 in Finishing School
Yesterday, I uploaded some .CR2 files to my computer and renamed them in Bridge. Today, I uploaded some more to the same folder and renamed them. When I tried to replace the metadata with my standard settings, I got a warning that Bridge was unable to change the metadata on some of the files. I canceled the metadata change and poked around some in the directory, but didn't see anything unusual. So I went ahead and made the metadata change, after getting the same warning again. None of the pics from yesterday's batch showed the new metadata, while all from today did. Another curious thing is that doubleclicking on yesterday's thumbs opens them in Photoshop ACR, not ACR in Bridge as normally happens. Today's pics open in ACR in Bridge.

So it looks like there's something peculiar in the batch I uploaded yesterday, but I don't have a clue as to what it might be or how to fix it. As far as I know, I didn't do anything at all different from my normal workflow when I uploaded the pics.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    SnapperSnapper Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    When I tried to replace the metadata with my standard settings, I got a warning that Bridge was unable to change the metadata on some of the files.
    I have had this problem on a Mac when the machine hung while batch-updating metadata on a bunch of images. On re-opening Bridge the metadata fields were empty and the warning appeared when I tried to re-edit them. After a lot of tinkering and cussing I solved it by emptying Bridge's cache.
    Ian
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited April 15, 2008
    Snapper wrote:
    I have had this problem on a Mac when the machine hung while batch-updating metadata on a bunch of images. On re-opening Bridge the metadata fields were empty and the warning appeared when I tried to re-edit them. After a lot of tinkering and cussing I solved it by emptying Bridge's cache.

Hey thanks, Ian. Worked like a charm. I don't recall having had a problem immediately prior to the metadata one surfacing. Bridge has hung on me from time to time, but restarting it always seemed problem free. I had forgotten about the cache. I'll remember next time. thumb.gif

Cheers,