Options

Bermuda

Scott CrouseScott Crouse Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Journeys
Currently finishing up week 4 in Bermuda. My home away from home :D. Back to Canada next week :dunno

All my 2008 shots will be showing up over here; Scott Crouse Photography Bermuda 2008 Keep checking, uploading daily as I wade through all the shots.

My previous years are over here; Scott Crouse Photography Bermuda

Doing lots of panorama work this year. This island is a photographers dream come true, so much to see and do.

Enjoy.
Scott

Scott Crouse Photography

"...Displaying the Beauty of our World"

Chesterville, Ontario
My Website
E-mail Me
(613) 448-4310

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Currently finishing up week 4 in Bermuda. My home away from home :D. Back to Canada next week ne_nau.gif

All my 2008 shots will be showing up over here; Scott Crouse Photography Bermuda 2008 Keep checking, uploading daily as I wade through all the shots.

Doing lots of panorama work this year. This island is a photographers dream come true, so much to see and do.

Enjoy.

I just peeked at your shots - I'd like to encourage you to post some here, and give some dialogue too, to make it a real 'journeys' thread.

In my brief visit to your shots I saw great photos with deep rich colors - I'd like to hear and see more. Do you own property there?

ann
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Currently finishing up week 4 in Bermuda. My home away from home :D. Back to Canada next week ne_nau.gif

Enjoy.

Very Cool!!!! Look up trott Hill, trott Road, Trott Pond...that is all my family's namesakes! Honest and true...

I have not been to Bermuda since I was 12...hoping to get back soon.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Thanks so much Ann and Tiffany. Let me see what I can do here Ann, I had never posted an image to the forum before so had to do some quick reading to see how this all works. :D

First some history, I am a Canadian but I spend at least a month each year in Bermuda. It all started in the early 90's when I was stationed here for 3 years. It was the time of my life. I took advantage of living in a foreign country and met many great people and got involved in the local community here on the island. It resulted in many many years of great friendships.

So each year I come back and housesit for one couple in particular. They keep a Harley Davidson in the states, I come down and take care of the house and dogs. They fly to the states and do their bike thing and I get to enjoy my time on the island and visit with friends. A win/win situation all around.

A few years ago I got heavily back into photography after being away for at least 20 years. Digital opened a whole new door for me and Bermuda is such a great place to get the bug back. An island full of colour, the blues, the greens and the turquoise. And that's just the water colour! A great place and great people.

So here are a few shots from this trip. You'll notice I do lots of HDR, blending and Panorama work.

Horseshoe Bay is one of the most famous beaches on the island. Lovely pink sand and clear water. This shot was composed of 7 exposures. Cloned out the few people that were present;

276739321_3P8LS-M.jpg

The far northwestern corner of the island (well not that far, the island is only 24 miles long) is the Royal Naval Dockyard. This is a panorama of the Commissioners house. 9 exposures in this one.

273142223_n3UUr-M.jpg

One of my favorite of the trip so far. This is a 9 exposure HDR image shot on the farthest point to the east on the island. The next piece of land would be somewhere in Europe.

272418361_bYFdH-M.jpg

Gibbs Hill lighthouse is the oldest cast iron lighthouse in the world. From the top it's possible to view the entire island. Can be seen by ships 40 miles out and 120 miles by aircraft. Digitally blended 9 exposures.

272423696_p9GtH-M.jpg

Somerset Bridge is one of several in the world that claim to be the worlds smallest drawbridge. It opens 8 inches to allow a sailboat mast to pass. 9 exposure HDR image.

272420026_86q7e-M.jpg

Throughout the island are limestone caves. This is one of the ones that is not located in a "tourist spot". Walking through a "jungle" it can be found. Many Bermudians swim in here during the summer.

266066948_WEJzJ-M.jpg

We had a period of about 3 days where it rained and rained. Just as it was ending I managed this shot. A 9 exposure HDR.

272427647_Bfksj-M.jpg

Spittal Pond is a nature reserve covering 64 acres of land. A great place for wave watching. 8 exposure panoramic

274613113_Nmeqt-M.jpg

Ok, that's a small sample of what I have and a quick trip of a few highlights on the island. The rest and much BIGGER versions are available at Scott Crouse Photography Bermuda.

Now lets hit send and see if I figured out how to insert images headscratch.gif
    Scott

Scott Crouse Photography

Chesterville, Ontario
    My Website
    E-mail Me
    (613) 448-4310
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
  • Options
    ob_3ob_3 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    very nice....
    i can not wait to go back, the last time i was there was 2001..
    thanks for sharing
    -say cheese !

Nikon d200w/ grip, 18-70 Nikkor , 85mm 1.8 , 50mm 1.8, tokina 12-24
    Nikon n80 w/grip, 28-200 Tamron
    Fuji z6900
    old school Olympus OMG-1
    Sony DSC-H3 point and shoot
  • Options
    Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Awsome photos!

Looked through the ones on your website, i just wish i had the chance to go there let alone for a month.

Thank you for sharing the photos with us and letting us (me at least) live
    vicariously through ya rolleyes1.gif
    http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2008
    Glad all you folks are enjoying the pics!!! iloveyou.gifwings.gif
    Scott

Scott Crouse Photography

Chesterville, Ontario
    My Website
    E-mail Me
    (613) 448-4310
  • Options
    hrsahrsa Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Fabulous photos you've got!
    Please, tell me, what gear do you use?
    http://hrsa.ru
    Currently using Canon EOS 40D + Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM + Sigma AF 10mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Fisheye + Canon Speedlite 430EX
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Gorgeously fantastic.thumb.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2008
    hrsa wrote:
    Fabulous photos you've got!
    Please, tell me, what gear do you use?

Thats hrsa! Simple setup, each shot here was taken with a Nikon D200, Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens and a Manfrotto Tripod. Time and patience is the key. I have to admit, I spend lots of time on the island and it helps to know where to be depending on the weather and sun location. Helps a lot!
    Scott

Scott Crouse Photography

Chesterville, Ontario
    My Website
    E-mail Me
    (613) 448-4310
  • Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Hi Scott,

Being from Ontario, I can definitely appreciate the trip south. mwink.gif

Local knowledge is definitely useful and it looks like you put it to good use.

Thanks for sharing. clap.gif

Lee
    Thats hrsa! Simple setup, each shot here was taken with a Nikon D200, Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens and a Manfrotto Tripod. Time and patience is the key. I have to admit, I spend lots of time on the island and it helps to know where to be depending on the weather and sun location. Helps a lot!