Options

SOLD: Nikon 500 f4 afs 1

allanrubéallanrubé Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Nikon Land
I have owned the lens since May, 2006. I have used it with a D2X and D300. I usually have the 1.4 tc on it but use it by itself and with a 1.7 tc.
In November, 2006 I sent it to Nikon for a complete check. They replaced the contacts, cleaned it, and brought everything to "spec."I have had no problems with it - I just need to sell it to pay for a 400 2.8 vr.

It has a couple of minor signs of wear - brassing on screw areas. Glass is good. It has had a Lenscoat cover on it since I bought it. It has never been dropped.

Comes with case, hood cover, straps, manual, --- everything that came with it when it was new. It has a Wimberly foot on it but the original foot (looks like it has never been used) is in the box.

The lens was just serviced by Nikon (returned 4/8) - a complete servicing for $421 - so I can say it works like new. This service also comes with a 6 month warranty. If anything goes wrong I would be happy to hep out. Nikon lubricated the tripod and focusing rings, replaced the lens mount, checked auto focus and communication, along with performing a general check and clean.

I would like $4200 for it, which would include Paypal fees, shipping to 48 states, and insurance. If you would like to pay another way and don't mind waiting till check clears, deduct $100.

Below are pictures I took of the lens. More importantly, I think, are a few links of recent images I took with the lens at MI5 in February.

Yellow-crowned night heron - 5 shots - first 3 are with no tc, last 2 with 1.7

Mergansers - 7 shots - first 2 with no tc, last 5 with 1.7 tc.

I also posted the processed NEF file (NX) of the first night heron if you want to look at it - the web image doesn't show the fine detail this lens captures.

94141066.jpg

94141063.jpg - also on previous image see scratch near front

94141064.jpg

94141065.jpg

Comments