Options

Motorbikes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Went down to the Bike on the quay event held on Poole Quay once a week throughout the summer. Normally draws around 1000 bikes per week

Well I learnt a lot of lesson last night, like double check the camera batteries before you leave, 40 odd photographs, dead battery, not a happy chappy. The sun was horrible being low in the sky casting horrible long shadows everywhere.

Well thats enough of me complaining, here a few from last night (they ar not perfect)

img_2174.jpg

img_2175.jpg

img_2183.jpg

img_2204.jpg

I will try harder next time, Thanks for looking

Tim

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Shooting bikes, cars or anything else with reflective paint, shinny parts ( chrome ) and odd shapes is never easy and, sometimes, next to impossible. When the bikes are all bunched up like that and when the lighting is severe and specular like you had to deal with....well, I would have left my camera at home. You may have been able to get some close pictures of certain features, etc., but, generally speaking, those type events are super tough to get right. I go to a lot of them. I know.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.