Options

A pair of Crashdackyls feeding

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
278832202_zvvt2-XL.jpg

The uninformed may think these two objects to be some kind of aircraft but, in reality, they are Crashdackyls.....a type of prehistoric predator bird....and part of a small covey that landed amongst the planes to feed upon the grassy areas.
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 16, 2008
    The uninformed may think these two objects to be some kind of aircraft but, in reality, they are Crashdackyls.....a type of prehistoric predator bird....and part of a small covey that landed amongst the planes to feed upon the grassy areas.

Ya learn something new every day. mwink.gif

Nice shot.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008

The Jaws are open on the one on the left, that man is about to get eaten hahaha.

They are very odd shaped aircrafts I must say.

How come they have no front wheel? headscratch.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Hi Skippy...

These planes do have a retractable front landing strut and wheel. When it is extended, however, the plane rides so high that it makes it difficult to get out of the craft. Therefore, when they park these things, they carefully lower the front gear until the plane is resting on the fuselage. They can then exit the plane in a more gentlemanly fashion.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    They can then exit the plane in a more gentlemanly fashion.

Is: "Ladies should refrain from wearing skirts upon entering or exiting aircraft while landing gear is . . . uh, lowered . . . er, um, while fuselage is raised. At any rate, wear pants." stencilled anywhere on these things?

Looks like one or more of these creatures has already been grazing the foreground. :D

Nice captures! Interesting planes! Good fun! I like! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather