Options

Diesel Locomotive D5301

HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hi - whilst visiting Lake Windermere in Cumbria, UK today, I came across a railway service being operated between the towns of Lakeside and Haverthwaite. The service is being run using historical trains. Website: www.lakesiderailway.co.uk refers.

Equipment: Nikon D50 + 18~200VR lens @18mm
Settings: Aperture f/8 shutter speed 1/250 ISO 200

Cheers - Herman
My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Hi - whilst visiting Lake Windermere in Cumbria, UK today, I came across a railway service being operated between the towns of Lakeside and Haverthwaite. The service is being run using historical trains. Website: www.lakesiderailway.co.uk refers.

Equipment: Nikon D50 + 18~200VR lens @18mm
    Settings: Aperture f/8 shutter speed 1/250 ISO 200

Cheers - Herman

Good shot Herman, I remember the Old Red Rattlers that ran between Geelong and Melbourne, there is no electrical lines for trains between those two towns, the trains had Steam Engines.

They are more modern now, but nothing compared with the experience of having ridden on an Old Red Rattler :D

Thanks for sharing Herman thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Nice shot. I so miss the trains in Europe. Have ridden my fair share. Doing so will always be with me. Your pic takes me back.... @ 1.60 USD against the
    euro 1 isn't helping to make that happen. Dang it. :D
    Michael