Options

CS3 Question

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited April 17, 2008 in Video
Love the program, I got the extended versioin, well just because I had thought about picking up a vid recorder later this year.

I don't have it yet, but the other day i was creating a video for a client (windows movie makerand wondered if there was anyway to save a file from the movie maker and be able to further edit it in cs3?

Anyone have that answer!?!?:scratch

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited April 17, 2008
    After you finish assembling and editing the video on the timeline you can "File - Save Project", which allows you to do additional/later editing. This method of saving just the project does not "lock in" any of your changes.

You should also see an option to "Finish Movie" and "Save To My Computer". Choose that and name the movie. Assuming you shot and transferred into the computer in DV, in the next screen, "Movie Setting" you can choose "Other settings" to select "DV-AVI (NTSC)" which should be lossless except those regions which have a transition or effect applied which will be recompressed. While all of your changes will be "locked in" at this point for the output movie, it will still be editable and pretty high quality.

I don't think that Premiere has the ability to import a Movie Maker project so if you did shoot in DV, you can create a special version on Movie Maker without the transitions, titles, overlays, etc. (i.e. a cuts only version) and use the "Save To My Computer" described above.

IMO, it's not worth the effort to try to recycle your efforts from Movie Maker. Just redo in Premiere.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums