Options

Trumpet

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited April 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Shot this last week for an online contest "shoot your favorite album" wich infact is (among a lot of other albums) "kind of blue" by Miles Davis.

I wanted to do a trumpet, but without shooting a packshot of it. I like that it has only a trumpet in it without being only a straightforward trumpet. And it is kind of blue. Like in blueish sort of :D And I made the mouth piece in focus and not the bell, since that is where it all happens when you play the trumpet.

What do you think?

20080413143547_img_7736.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    I like what you're trying to do....in ths case, though, I'd prefer to see less blown-out highlights. A little less exposure would also help to create more of a sense of drama to the whole thing.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    Jeroen wrote:
    Shot this last week for an online contest "shoot your favorite album" which in fact is (among a lot of other albums) "kind of blue" by Miles Davis.

I wanted to do a trumpet, but without shooting a packshot of it. I like that it has only a trumpet in it without being only a straightforward trumpet. And it is kind of blue. Like in blueish sort of :D And I made the mouth piece in focus and not the bell, since that is where it all happens when you play the trumpet.

What do you think?

Hi Jeroen, I think you are on the right path with this shot.
    However I agree with the previous poster, about the highlights being too blown out.

I would like to be able to make out more of the shape of the trumpet,
    separated from the back ground.

The mouth piece being sharp and in focus looks good,
    its the highlights that I'm not keen on.

Well Done Jeroen, your trail of thought for this shot is very creative clap.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    The mouth piece is the most important piece in the trumpet. Every player of has their favorite. Good choice of focal point thumb.gif