Glimpses from my first street shoot of the season

1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
edited April 20, 2008 in Street and Documentary
I finished my work day in Portsmouth, NH yesterday -- a popular summer historic coastal town. And it was one of our first gorgeous warm spring days. I had brought my camera in anticipation of spending about an hour shooting around the market square.

Having taken the winter off from 'street photography', it took a while to begin to feel comfortable lurking with my D300. For about a half hour I just watched. Then I decided to plunge in, kind of like casual snap-shooting at a party (except I didn't know these people). It's not your traditional anonymous street work for sure, since I was definitely engaging with these folks, but it sure helped me "break the ice" -- pun intended :D

281458611_7bBvh-M.jpg

281459020_4qDh6-M.jpg

281464558_wQekr-M.jpg

281462568_fMHRM-M.jpg

281459578_fdain-M.jpg

There are about 20 more in a gallery here:
Portsmouth 4-18-08

comments and criticism always invited
My humble gallery...
www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
www.poolinaction.com

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    Haha, #1 is very cute! ... clap.gif My favorite is #4 :D
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    #4 as well, very nice angle and expression and capture all around, and good choice of black and white.
    in 5 I wish I could see more of the dog.
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    #4 as well, very nice angle and expression and capture all around, and good choice of black and white.
    in 5 I wish I could see more of the dog.
    a.
    I did get a second shot off, with a little more dog. if there was a sound track you would hear the low growl.
    281460483_pqgmg-M.jpg

That dog really didn't like my camera. I have two dogs myself and one of them is the same way; I can hardly pick up a camera without a reaction. Even my son isn't that defensive :D
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com