Options

Wedding

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 20, 2008 in Weddings
Well I done shot a wedding as a second shooter. What a long day!

The venue was very nice, The couple was fantastic, especially the bride. She was the happiest little thing you can imagine. The exact opposite of bridzilla. Family and friends were a great group. Very moving ceremony.

I very much enjoyed the experience. I took over 1000 shots!

I am not very experienced with using the flash, and the conditions seemed to change every second or two. Outside facing the sky, turnaround, no bright sky. Inside, bounce, no bounce. Shutter speed, ISO, etc. I was changing everything to try and get the shot.

My job was to primarily shoot the guys getting ready, and get photos of all the quests, and help setting up the strobes for some group shots.

I will be turning over the RAW files to the main photographer Monday. I can of course use the images for my own portfolio.

I will post a few here. They are not necessarily the best shots I have, but it will take me awhile to cull through them all. I don't envy the photographer. Let my know your thoughts on these.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    edited April 20, 2008
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
    Groom with new Bible with he, and his new wifes name on the front.
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    If those aren't the best shots you have, then you have one hell of a portfolio about to be developed. :D
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    If those aren't the best shots you have, then you have one hell of a portfolio about to be developed. :D

Thanks Travis!!

Sam
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Sam! Those images...
    Are terrific. I love the fun shot. You nailed them. Good job! I am sure you can 2nd for the main anytime.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    What great shots Sam! The first one is my favourite. I just kept scrolling back up to look at it. Beautiful! :)

-- Lisa P.
  • Options
    mosallmosall Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    lisap wrote:
    What great shots Sam! The first one is my favourite. I just kept scrolling back up to look at it. Beautiful! :)

-- Lisa P.

I agree. That first shot is really nice. Hard to believe you were the second shooter. clap.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Sam.....you done great! What fun. Looks like you had a blast and your photos show it. Yea, like Travis said, if these aren't your best then......mwink.gifthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Well done Sam!

I love the last one with the bridesmaids & the groom, very cute!! clap.gifOnly critique from my side would be #2, I think the flash is a tad to harsh on her .... I would have even tried shooting without flash ....

Shooting weddings is tough .... I am always in pain the next day, haha ... it's a LOT of work. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
    I want to thank everyone for your comments. I took another look at #2, and went back and found one I took at the same location without flash.

Again wedding work is out of my comfort zone, and the major instructions I got from the primary photographer was to put on the flash, and shoot.

I will be giving him the RAW files, and I am processing these for myself.

Also I just don't have a work flow that handles 1000 photos. :D

Here is the #2 substitute:
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Ooooh Sam....that one is great! I love your selective focus...excellent job!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    I don't envy the photographer.

I envy you! Of the two jobs we did on Friday, I had the "easier" (shorter, higher paying) job, but you had much more fun, and nailed some amazing photos for your portfolio.

You did a fantasic job. I'm very glad I recommended you to the photographer who hired (both of us, for our respective jobs on Friday). OTOH, if he ends up hiring you instead of me for the future jobs... I may have to break your legs. (Just kidding!)
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett