Options

Help! What to shoot in Boston, MA ??

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
I have a new D300 and I am renting a Nikon 70-200 VR lens for the Boston Marathon on Monday (which, every time I check the weather gets worse. Uggh..) Well I would like to take some pics around the city but I feel I have run out of ideas. I am a walk around type photographer and like colorful, NON-landscape,NON-architecture, outdoors usually type pics. I love urban landscapes. Not up for Zoos. Here is where I have been to extensively:

-South Boston & Castle Island
-Copley Square
-Fenway Park/Kenmore Sq area
-Fanueil Hall

Can anyone recommend something interesting in Boston to take pics of? Either downtown or in the immediate area, Also, the lens and camera require a monopod, so I’m not sure how many places this would prevent me from entering.

Thanks!!
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Well there is Chinatown. Rowe's wharf area including the new Children's museum and out to the new Museum near Pier 4, the ICA. Interesting architecture. Harvard sq. Take a Duck tour! Lots to shoot and see new places to go back to.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Go to Chelsea and shoot the USS Constitution.
    Shoot the swan boats in the Public Garden. They started a day or two ago.
    Take a walk around Beacon Hill.

Enjoy the marathon.