Options

Found: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS

QburkeQburke Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited April 23, 2008 in House of Canon
I am looking for a new or good condition, used 24-105 lens. Email me with condition description and asking price. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    this one still shows as 'for sale': http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=87692
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    If it's not... I might be willing to part with mine... under the stipulation that I have time to find and buy a Canon 24-70 f2.8/L first (which are fairly easy to find). But yeah, feel free to drop me a line if still looking and we can talk. I loveeeee my 24-105 but recently have been desiring 2.8 for some sports things I do... about the only reason I'd part with it :)
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    If it's not... I might be willing to part with mine... under the stipulation that I have time to find and buy a Canon 24-70 f2.8/L first (which are fairly easy to find). But yeah, feel free to drop me a line if still looking and we can talk. I loveeeee my 24-105 but recently have been desiring 2.8 for some sports things I do... about the only reason I'd part with it :)
    I'd highly recommend taking a look at J&R for the 24-70mm f/2.8L (that's where I bought mine). Check out my whole story rolleyes1.gif here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=91142

Actually, I have a spare 24-70mm for the next few hours, so, if you want it... lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I'd highly recommend taking a look at J&R for the 24-70mm f/2.8L (that's where I bought mine). Check out my whole story rolleyes1.gif here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=91142

Actually, I have a spare 24-70mm for the next few hours, so, if you want it... lol3.gif

If you weren't shipping your "spare" (I read the other post before you linked it here like a good little dgrinner, lol) I would totally take you up on that, lol. Actually I'm hoping to buy a 24-70 used so as not to have to spend much if anything at all when I sell my 24-105.
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    If you weren't shipping your "spare" (I read the other post before you linked it here like a good little dgrinner, lol) I would totally take you up on that, lol. Actually I'm hoping to buy a 24-70 used so as not to have to spend much if anything at all when I sell my 24-105.
    I need to upload some of the photos from the 24-70.. It's amazing quality.. The word "WOW" comes to mind.

Now, I just have to figure out the magic formula to let me shoot in Av and have the camera ignore the background for exposure and calculate shutter speed for foreground only. I think I have it nailed down. Dial up the flash intensity by +1 (I use a diffuser--it's a knock off of the Light Sphere), lower the Flash Exposure Compensation by about -1, and I get pretty nice exposure, and a faster shutter at a lower ISO thumb.gif The results are fantastic!

David
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I need to upload some of the photos from the 24-70.. It's amazing quality.. The word "WOW" comes to mind.

<-insert envy here
  • Options
    QburkeQburke Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 20, 2008
    I ended up finding a 24-70L for $950 and decided on that over the 24-105. Tough decision, but I love the 24-70 so far!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Qburke wrote:
    I ended up finding a 24-70L for $950 and decided on that over the 24-105. Tough decision, but I love the 24-70 so far!

Ah pity. I need to just tough it up, buy myself a 24-70 and then sell my 24-105 on here :)